This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Non-latin symbols CRASH!
Hello. I'm using Hybrid 2017.10.03.1 on Windows 10 Corporate x64, Russian version (i'm from Russia).

What happen? Hybrid always crashes when coding video with cyrillic symbols in path name.

For example, i'm coding video from path W:\!Pictures and Photos\!Canon IXUS 300 HS\2014\от Картуновой\ using NVENc x265 with my GTX 980. The part "от Картуновой" is looking weird in the log window (marked by red color):

[Image: TZBMsd1.png]

The result is in provided HybridDebugOutput. Same video in root of disk C:\ is encoding like a charm, but not in path with non-lation symbols (as i see the problem).

Hope it will help to improve our dear Hybrid, best so far (IMHO) encoding tool of all Cool .

Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
It's propably enough to Set the temp-folder to a path without the Russian characters.

Cu Selur
I'm not so sure. Screenshots:

[Image: E6DqbBf.png]

[Image: wiqCQ3B.png]
Setting ouput to input path also changes the temp path of the job processing to the output path. Big Grin

Cu Selur
You are right (method worked). But in future release will this bug (with non-latin symbols in path) fixed?
Quote:But in future release will this bug (with non-latin symbols in path) fixed?
I plan to look into it and work around it if possible. Smile
I'll send you a test version for testing once I got around to look into it and work on a workaround.
On holiday in China on a boat so not much time and motivation to work on Hybrid atm., but once I'm back I'll look into it once I'm back home.

Cu Selur
Thanks!