This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS
Main problem with it is that it's a pain to get it portable (on Windows alone; forget about getting it portable for Mac or Linux).
-> if I would find time to really look into it, I would probably only add support for it on Windows, since I would not want to start having to support people to set it up on Mac&Linux.

Cu Selur
(21.08.2020, 05:38)Selur Wrote: Main problem with it is that it's a pain to get it portable (on Windows alone; forget about getting it portable for Mac or Linux).
-> if I would find time to really look into it, I would probably only add support for it on Windows, since I would not want to start having to support people to set it up on Mac&Linux.

Cu Selur

Sad I guess i can hope that if you incorporate it into the windows version, that perhaps you have an “offenbarung”, when you are “besoffen”... and it just comes to you. And you can make an alpha version For mac just for shijan and i. No support. Wink
Quick intermediate update for legacy Hybrid 2018:

VapourSynth + Plugins + Scripts + Hybrid package update 2020.08.22
Changes:
- VapourSynth-R50 (because critical errors in VapourSynth-R51)
- mvmulti.py script (Inside Hybrid.app. To fix error with some Denoisers and Sharpeners)
- ffmpeg (Inside Hybrid.app)
- x264 (Inside Hybrid.app)
- FrameCounter (Inside Hybrid.app)

Arrow DOWNLOAD from Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

THIS IS A CRITICAL RECOMMENDED UPDATE! Make sure you COMPLETELY UNINSTALL OLD VERSION before install this new version.
VapourSynth + Plugins + Scripts + Hybrid package update 2020.08.23
Changes:
- VapourSynth-R52
- Updated "havsfunc.py" script to make it compatible with both "neo_fft3d.FFT3D" and legacy "fft3dfilter.FFT3DFilter".
- Added "lostfunc.py" script to fix errors with DeSpot and some other filters.
Updated plug-ins:
- DFTTest (to fix errors with some denoisers and sharpeners)
- EEDI2 (due my mistake it was missing in package earlier)

Arrow DOWNLOAD from Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

THIS IS A CRITICAL RECOMMENDED UPDATE! Make sure you COMPLETELY UNINSTALL OLD VERSION before install this new version.
Think i found a bug in the legacy hybrid 2018 app, or maybe a missing plugin not sure.

So i have been running topaz video enhancer ai. It separates the frames into indiVidual pngs to work On them. I tried using the import image sequence In hybrid.. I picked first image and last image. Picked frame rate, Picked h.264 high, 4.2 placebo film. Turned off deinterlacer. Turned on cfr
And it crashes. 

Now i have yet to try the beta hybrid. But can anyone check if the image sequence importing works on the mac end? Otherwise i may have to use the windows version (yuck).
Subjectively from user point of view last alpha version of Hybrid 20200823_1 works well and seems most critical problems are fixed:
- QTGMC Deinterlace works, some bugs in settings are fixed (no more confusion with manual Sharpness setting).
- Render to ProRes works
- ProRes now allow 4444 XQ compression and proper tags.
- MP4box and x264 updated. No more "Jumping/strobing" frames effect when render to MP4 x264 and use "Use FFmpeg muxer instead of FFmbc muxer"
- vsViewer
- normal Preview works
- Filters that don't worked in Hybrid 2018 also works now.
- Didn't test GPU acceleration yet.
- progress preview info in toolbar during render works.

Problems that still there:
- Some plug-ins are still missing (hope l33tmeatwad will compile them soon)
- Still some legacy components inside Hybrid.app package contents.
- faac binary still broken (you can use legacy working version from Hybrid 2017)
- legacy ffmbc binary still 32 bit only no Catalina support (just turn it off)
- Some not too critical cosmetic problems with UI and buttons
- Hybrid/MP4Box adds additional empty first frame to MP4 x264/265 transcoded video (problem exists in 2017 version, seems more like something specific to MP4box and macOS, than to Hybrid itself)
Problem fix: Config -> Output -> Container Settings -> FFmpeg instead of MP4Box.
- "Jumping/strobing" frames effect during playback in QuickLook or QuickTime X Player, when video was rendered to MP4 x265 with "FFmpeg instead of MP4Box" setting.
Problem fix (bad fix): Turn off B-Frames in x265 settings.

So i guess currently it may have way less bugs than 2018 version. But i don't want to include it to package until Selur approve final beta release.

In case if you want to try Hybrid 2020:
To avoid preferences conflict you need COMPLETELY UNINSTALL LEGACY HYBRID 2017 VERSION:
1. Make screenshots of pages with important Hybrid settings.
2. Delete Hybrid.app from Applications folder.
3. Delete (or backup somewhere) folder ~/Library/Application Support/Hybrid
4. Delete file ~/Library/Preferences/de.selur.Hybrid.plist
(23.08.2020, 22:45)Adamcarter Wrote: Think i found a bug in the legacy hybrid 2018 app, or maybe a missing plugin not sure.
I tried using the import image sequence In hybrid.. I picked first image and last image. Picked frame rate, Picked h.264 high, 4.2 placebo film. Turned off deinterlacer. Turned on cfr
And it crashes.

Seems a global bug. I also can't render image sequence to ProRes.mov with Hybrid 2020
Aborting '2020-08-24@02_00_56_8410_02_video' due to: ERROR: /Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/2020-08-24@02_00_56_8410_02.264 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)
@shijan
Exactly. I got the same error. 
Thanks for checking on it, it would have pulled my hair out trying different settings thinking it was me.
VapourSynth + Plugins + Scripts + Hybrid package update 2020.09.07
[Image: El9vdKp.jpg]

Changes:

- Hybrid 2020.09.04 (including all internal components and scripts updates)
A lot of fundamental things where changed in new Hybrid 2020 version. To avoid preferences conflict you need COMPLETELY UNINSTALL LEGACY HYBRID 2018 VERSION, DON'T LAUNCH THAT LEGACY VERSION ANYMORE and DON'T IMPORT ANY SAVED LEGACY PRESETS TO NEW VERSION:
1. Make screenshots of pages with important Hybrid settings.
2. Delete Hybrid.app from Applications folder.
3. Delete presets folder ~/Library/Application Support/Hybrid
4. Delete file ~/Library/Preferences/de.selur.Hybrid.plist

Some improvements in Hybrid 2020 release:
- Almost all internal components updated and now compatible with macOS Catalina and higher.
- GPU OpenCL acceleration support for plug-ins.
- All Denoisers and Sharpeners now works.
- Updated all missing scripts and plug-ins.
- Package include only compatible and stable versions of plug-ins. Each plug-in was tested manually.
- Added option to save preset for "Misc -> Filter Order".
- Added ProRes 4444 XQ compression preset.
- Fixed mistakes in ProRes presets naming.
- Fixed problem with "Hybrid can't passthrough 24bit audio if use default FFmbc muxer.
- Fixed problem with "Jumping/strobing" frames effect when render to MP4 x264 and use "Use FFmpeg muxer instead of FFmbc muxer"
- Fixed problem with MP4 File don't created after render when use "Use FFmpeg muxer instead of MP4box muxer"
- Fixed problem with disabled Sharpness when QTGMC presets in custom mode.
- Fixed problem with too small font size in some Tooltips and Help Info panel.
- Fixed problems with progress info in toolbar during render.
- Fixed a lot of confusions in UI buttons and tabs arrangement logic.

Known problems and limitations:
- Buttons are not too pretty yet.
- Some small confusions in codec settings and preferences names arrangement.
- ffmbc is still legacy 32 bit only and don't compatible with macOS Catalina and higher.
- flac, mencoder/mplayer, oggenc are not updated yet.
- AA Santiag filter with "Type: sangnom" or "Type: selectHV/sangnom/sangnom" don't works yet due SangNom vs SangNomMod namespace conflict.
- Filtering -> ColorMatrix don't works. Use only Filtering -> VapourSynth -> Color -> ColorMatrix
- Can't render to x264 default encoding mode: "specific filesize/bitrate (2-pass)"

- List of filters that use only 8-bit depth internal processing https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?t...45#pid8845
- VapourSynth-R52 installer update to support Tiff and Jpeg image sequence import. (You need to install XQuartz https://www.xquartz.org/ to enable image sequence import support)
- Package now include XQuartz-2.7.11 installer
- Added and updated plug-ins:
Dedot, LGhost, Bwdif, RemoveDirt, ReadMpls, DPID, SangNom, TComb, vcmod, vcmove, vctrans, Yadifmod, TempLinearApproximate, JincResize, AddGrain, CTMF, DFTTest, ZNEDI3
CAS (Require macOS 10.15+, but seems works well on 10.14.6)
EdgeFixer (Replacement for legacy ContinuityFixer. EdgeFixer, uses the same namespace as legacy ContinuityFixer, so both cannot be in the autoload directory. Require macOS 10.15+, but seems works well on 10.14.6)
TimeCube (Fixed problem with artifacts due internal incorrect luma range detection)
- Completely updated FAQ

Make sure you COMPLETELY UNINSTALL OLD VERSION before install this new version.
Selur and Tinkerer over on the windows dev side, discovered a bug, which he has noted is also on the mac side,.

‘current MacOS version doesn't properly detect the pixel aspect ratio of the source.”