This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS
Shijan
How far have you tested qtgmc on slow, slower, very slow, placebo With bob checked. 

I am able to get it to start encoding up until about 1.5-1.88% where Hybrid reports vapoursynth crashes,  good fps 18 on slow-around 10-11 on placebo. Running 8 cores. 

If you get a chance could you try running a .vob on any of the above settings

Dont get me wrong i have read the faq and blackmagic site 10 times, nothing explains why my qtgmc works on medium or faster, and not on slow-placebo. 

Thanks for the help.
Have you checked the memory usage?
Depending on the resolution and the number of threads memory usage can be quite a bit,...
-> What does the script look like Vapoursynth Script View shows?
Yep, it may be on computer side.
Maybe not enough disc space on scratch disk?
Corrupted VOB file?
Can you share your VOB
Try render to ProRes without audio and see if it works.

By the way, some time ago l33tmeatwad updated and recompiled with static libraries a lot of plug-ins, some components inside installer, and also FFmpeg was updated to 4.3. Hope i will prepare new updated package today.

Selur, if you really be able to bring back updated version to macOS, i can share these news on BMD forum. I guess a lot of users there who work in broadcast and studios will be happy to support mac development with donations.
(22.06.2020, 19:26)Selur Wrote: Have you checked the memory usage?
Depending on the resolution and the number of threads memory usage can be quite a bit,...
-> What does the script look like Vapoursynth Script View shows?
I have 36gb of ram free. Clean system install
ssd m.2 hd
ram is good.

(22.06.2020, 19:49)shijan Wrote: Yep, it may be on computer side.
Maybe not enough disc space on scratch disk?
Corrupted VOB file?
Can you share your VOB
Try render to ProRes without audio and see if it works.

By the way, some time ago l33tmeatwad updated and recompiled with static libraries a lot of plug-ins, some components inside installer, and also FFmpeg was updated to 4.3. Hope i will prepare new updated package today.

Selur, if you really be able to bring back updated version to macOS, i can share these news on BMD forum. I guess a lot of users there who work in broadcast and studios will be happy to support mac development with donations.
If i can get selur setup with esxi running macos, he should in theory be golden! Nice thing about esxi is it is basically a hackintosh with better native compatibility. 

I can share the vob, i will send you a private message with the direct link. Should i zip it first?
VapourSynth + Plugins + Scripts + Hybrid package update 2020.06.22
Changes:
Updated VapourSynth-R50 installer components to work with FFmpeg 4.3.0
FFmpeg 4.3.0 (Inside Hybrid.app)
Updated plug-ins: AddGrain, Descale, Fix Telecined Fades, HQDN3D, MinSharp, QRCodeSource, RemapFrames, Retinex, SangNom, SCrawl, SmoothUV, TCanny, ToneMap,VideoScope, W3FDIF, MiniDeen, SceneChange, SurfaceBlur, TimeCube, tc2cfr, TNLMeans (updated plug-ins are now self contained with all required libraries, so there is no need to install additional .dylibs dependencies to /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/).
Updated FAQ.

Arrow DOWNLOAD from Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hzy3f0zyuyu4y...O5zla?dl=0
Arrow DOWNLOAD from Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Make sure you COMPLETELY UNINSTALL OLD VERSION before install new version.
Uninstalled older version on catalina

Reinstalled newer version

Ffmbc still giving me this error when trying To load

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I try to do some further tests and now i also got error.
Error only if source file is MKV.
No errors if source file is VOB or MOV ProRes.

VOB source is complicated, and i guess VOB wrapped to MKV is always bad way to go. For example some VOB-MKV files are easy to damage by VLC player realtime deinterlacer.
It is always better to open DVDs natively in Hybrid. Or use DVD Shrink app to split DVD to VOB files.

Helper(1) finished with exitCode: 11 and exitStatus: 1
-> 15_27_43_2010_02_video crashed: Helper1, exitCode: 11
Aborting '15_27_43_2010_02_video' due to: Helper1, exitCode: 11

[Image: P1q4VPk.jpg]
You are right i use makemkv to rip the vobs

What is odd is qtgmc fast-medium... zero issues
Qtgmc slower to placebo. Is a no go. 

Just seems weird it works with one setting and not the other will try To just do the vob.

It still doesn’t explain the ffmbc thing on catalina. 
Is ffmbc not 64 bit?

Also another question. I know avisynth original has never been programmed or written for mac,
But they have avisynth+ which now has mac compatible code, could theoretically this be added along with vapoursynth (like it is on the pc side?)

https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus/releases
ffmbc should be 64bit, might be some missing dependency.
As a workaround you can try disabling "Config->Output->Container Settings->FFmbc for .mov muxing" before creating the job.

Avisynth+ for Linux and Mac is just starting and most of the filters are not available atm. which is why I haven't really looked into it.
Also most of the newer Avisynthfilters are nowadays also available through Vapoursynth which usually scales better with multithreading, so I'm not sure that even when it's possible I'll add native Avisynth to Hybrid on Mac and Linux.
(+ most of the reported bugs nowdays are somehow related to Avisynth)

Cu Selur
Thanks selur!
The 3 that prevent hybrid from loading Are:

Ffmbc
Lsdvd
Sox

Not sure what they all have in common... but says they wont start in 5 seconds... hybrid will close.

I was wondering about animeivitc
Is that only avisynth at the moment, or whas it discontinued?