This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS
Not exactly iirc. it should resize and crop even more to archive 720x576 (for PAL, 720x480 for NTSC), pixel aspect ratio should be kept.
(I think I haven't used it for 8 years since I implemented it due to a user request because his hardware player only supported 720x480.)

Cu Selur
Ok i’m turning it off. Sounds bad
I appreciate your help. I should probably Post these questions in a different forum link. But i read people doing what im trying to do using hybrid. Then i realize, they are using the avisynth plugin, so then i have to look up to see if there is a vapoursynth counterpart. And if there is, then i have to see if its a windows only plugin. So coming from using handbrake, which is pure crap....

So i thank you for taking the time. It means a lot. 

Also interesting question.

Do i need to decimate

I detelecined this 80s cartoon since it showed up as telecine.  Using vivtc
It got 98% of the combing with basic setting, then i kept lowering the threshold, a d also had to add the fade section to and lowering the threshold there.

And now it looks great and is 23.976 And appears progressive. I’m hoping all the other cartoons i have do as well. 

Very dumb question, but
Do i need to decimate? Or did it decimate already?
It decimated already.
There is a report on other forum about ffmbc:

Quote:Trying to launch Hybrid fails with: ffmbc error

I checked and it is 32bit which is why I'm sure it isn't working in Catalina. Eventually this all has to get resolved since Big Sur will have the same issues and beyond.

Thankfully most things in the package are 64bit, the only other things I could find immediately are:

- ffmbc
- lsdvd
- sox
ffmbc -> used for mov muxing (ffmpeg can be used instead, but might be less compatible with some editing tools)
lsdvd -> used for DVD input
sox -> needed for audio processing
All those can be compiled with 64bit and Hybrid should have no problem with them being 64bit.

Cu Selur

Ps.: adding tools to the ignore list in the misc.ini will also stop Hybrid from searching for them.(see: [INFO] *hidden* Hybrid options,...)
Thanks

What about degrain2? I think it was ported to vapoursynth. Cant find it on the mac hybrid app.

My hybrid has errors running mctemporaldenoiser crashes on all settings.

Selur, did you have time, i could walk u thru setting up esxi for a mac install.
about degrain2: iirc it wasn't available when the mac version was still developed back in 2018.
about esxi: Sorry, didn't have time to look into how to get my hands on a apple iso without access to the apple store from a mac and how to setup exsi. Real life is taking precedent atm., not sure when I will have the time to read up on those things. :/
Here is another strange little problem:
If i use Config -> Output -> Container Settings -> FFmpeg instead of MP4Box to fix problem with "Hybrid adds additional empty frame to MP4 x264/265 transcoded video" and transcode non interlaced ProRes source to H264 - the final render plays back with strobbing or frame skipping effect inside macOS QuickLook window. Same time in plays back well and smooth in any other video players including macOS QuickTime player.
No clue about QuickLook, it might help to play with the "Config->Output->Container Settings->Mp4 Settings" some more,..

Cu Selur