This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS
Shijan or Selur
I have hybrid running great on my mojave Running on ESXI. Did all the terminal scripts to get the app to run.
aside from qtgmc crashing on slow, very slow, placebo, or custom, everything seems to work great.

I wanted to see if i disabled the same securities on catalina But When i load up the app it says ffmbc failed to start within 5 seconds, and quits. 
I am wondering if the ffmbc needs to be upgraded to 64bit like mentioned previously Here?
https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?t...90#pid6890

Second question is for Selur, did you ever get a mac to do updates on for hybrid. I know you have zero interest since you don’t own/use macs anymore. However, We wouldn't ask for the same Build schedule as the windows and linux. Maybe just for major build changes or very serious bugs. You could even start a patreon page wouldn’t mind throwing money monthly to keep the project going. But if a computer is all you need, i can show you how to run esxi on a plain ordinary pc, and get mac os installed on it. Thats how i run my mojave and catalina and both work great. 

Also thirdly, i ran a video through qtgmc on medium which is the slowest i can go before it crashes, and Still i can’t believe my eyes, the difference, between handbrake eedi on very slow vs qtgmc. Qtgmc kicked handbrake’s butt, by a long shot. The video looked so crisp. If i get on handbrake forums and start singing the praise of hybrid, and if you had a patreon page setup, you would probably get a huge monetary push for keeping this app current on mac. 

Back to qtgmc, the video i had when i analyzed it on the windows hybrid current version it said it was a blended pal to ntsc conversion. Which makes sense it was a disney dvd from a tv show filmed in australia, it would make sense. Dgindex for pc said it was interlaced. The hybrid for mac analyzed it and said it was telecined. Anyway i decided to give just qtgmc a go, and wow i still cant believe the results. 
I read on another forum people recommended qtgmc and then srestore to 25fps for a blended pal to ntsc, but srestore just seems to add more combing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - by Adamcarter - 22.06.2020, 10:41