This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS
(08.08.2020, 21:11)Selur Wrote: A bunch of filters:
nnedi3cl, knlmeanscl, DegrainMedain, MCDegrainSharp, SSIW Waifu2x and the DeCrawl filters weren't available for OS X since neither I nor l33tmeatwad figured out a way to compile them for Mac back then.
-> there's no way to enable them without changing Hybrids code

Cu Selur

sounds like now is a perfect time to show you how to setup esxi to create a mac On any old pc. Wink
@Adamcarter: best open another thread about it int the A/V Talk and tell me what to do and I'll try it and report back.

Cu Selur
(09.08.2020, 07:37)Selur Wrote: @Adamcarter: best open another thread about it int the A/V Talk and tell me what to do and I'll try it and report back.

Cu Selur

https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=1495

i am terrible at walkthroughs, better at troubleshooting. So i posted two walkthroughs written by other people.

it is a two step process
1. Installing esxi onto a pc (kinda like installing a fresh operating system, creating a bootable installer usb, etc.
2. Installing mac as a virtual machine within esxi (this runs native speed, as esxi is nothing more than a thin client, and acts more like a bootloader). 

an alternative to Esxi is proxmox which i heard has better videocard gpu passthru support, if  ever get a chance i may paly around with it. 
or installing something known as hackintosh (i have never been able to get it to work)
I tested some ongoing updates here and noticed that VapourSynth Preview window now works! Really great. This is the first time ever i see this preview window without global crash.
Have no idea if this is due updated scripts or due VapourSynth 51 or due some updated plug-ins or due other updated components (currently with help of l33tmeatwad i was able to update lsdvd and sox to fresh x64 versions inside Hybrid.app)

[Image: 4un0S77.jpg]

(08.08.2020, 07:09)Selur Wrote: Different versions of the script won't help since the script works fine here.
You can see a diff of the two versions:
https://github.com/Selur/VapoursynthScri...8e97ba934a

Problem is probably not a bug in Hybrid or the Vapoursynth script, but that QTGMC no longer uses fft3dfilter, but neo_FFT3D (https://github.com/HomeOfAviSynthPlusEvo...D/releases)
So either neo_FFT3D needs to be build or the script needs to be adjusted.

Cu Selur

I was thinking here... There is a Denoise option in deinterlace settings and there is a fft3dfilter in it. Is it somehow connected or conflicted with QTGMC and neo_FFT3D or is it a separate additional denoise option? I usually set it to "auto" because don't know yet how it affect image quality. Can you explain how to use it with ongoing neo_FFT3D?
[Image: Ccv7myw.jpg]
Bad news. It appears neo fft3d plugin requires Catalina or higher to run.
So here is a question: is it technically correct to use old scripts with new versions of VapourSynth?

If not, is it possible somehow to change updated scripts to use legacy fft3dfilter plugin for Mojave users?
a. the old scripts should work fine with current Vapoursynth, but you would loose any bug fixes
b. adjusting the scripts to use ff3dfilter instead of neo_fft3d should be as easy as replacing 'neo_fft3d.FFT3D' with 'fft3dfilter.FFT3DFilter'
so both options are open to you.

Cu Selur

Ps.: it would also be possible to adjust the scripts to only use neo_fft3d when it's available, but that would require some more complicated adjustments.
Thanks for suggest! it works (replaced 'neo_fft3d.FFT3D' with 'fft3dfilter.FFT3DFilter' in havsfunc.py)

Probably i will create two versions of the package. One with legacy fft3dfilter and edited script compatible with Mojave and Catalina.
And second package with neo_fft3d.FFT3D for Catalina only.
Hybrid does still use fft3dfilter so only the scripts need to be adjusted. Smile

Cu Selur
Can the first post be updated with the newest vapoursynth 51, with the newest lsdvd and Sox thanks on advance.
Here are some interesting problems

Situation 1:
if i render to MP4 and choose Config -> Output -> Container Settings -> FFmpeg instead of MP4Box - there is just no any final MP4 file.
I can see separate .aac and .264 in Hybrid temp folder, but next they are just disappear.
No error in user log, it just reports that files where deleted, but not muxed. File just disappears.
delete /Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/21_45_54_1910_06.264
delete /Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/iId_1_aid_0_lang_zh_ms_21_45_54_1910_02.aac
delete /Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/fdddd_21_45_54_1910__10.chp
Job 21_45_54_1910 finished!

It is strange because as i remember i never see this problem in earlier versions ans usually always use FFmpeg instead of MP4Box for MP4 renders.

Situation 2:
Another attempt to put updated MP4Box binary (extracted from from GPAC) into Hybrid.
"FFmpeg instead of MP4Box" NOT selected.
Separate .264, .aac and .chp files created in Hybrid Temp folder, but final file don't created.
user log reports error.
21_57_32_9110_11_muxing crashed: ERROR: /Users/test/Desktop/_21_57_32_9110__11.mp4 was not created!
Aborting '21_57_32_9110_11_muxing' due to: ERROR: /Users/test/Desktop/_21_57_32_9110__11.mp4 was not created!
Job 21_57_32_9110 finished!

Any ideas or suggestions about all this? Maybe turn something in preferences or rename something in script files?

(15.08.2020, 20:51)Adamcarter Wrote: Can the first post be updated with the newest vapoursynth 51, with the newest lsdvd and Sox thanks on advance.
It will be updated soon. All components will be updated to x64 versions and package will be compatible with macOS Catalina (i hope).
l33tmeatwad shared updated lsdvd and Sox binaries, but seems he need some time to compile 64 bit version of ffmbc from scratch.
Also as you may read from l33tmeatwad posts neo_fft3d seems not stable on macOS, so currently i replaced "neo_fft3d.FFT3D" with "fft3dfilter.FFT3DFilter" in "havsfunc.py" script to make it compatible with legacy fft3dfilter and macOS Mojave.