This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS
Recently upgraded to hybrid 8.16 vs r51 qtgmc custom setting does not work.
There are three variables i was playing with to try and get a lossless encode to run via topaz ai.
I have lossless and source matching on both with the highest setting after temporal smoothing and 2xredefined, then i tried changing just the source matching down one setting, and then down another setting, and then off. Then i lowered the lossless down a setting and then off. I also lowered temporal smoothing to from 1 to 0. I tried Above settings when encode it to prorez for lossless it failed. I also tried to Encode x264 Rate 1 for lossless then 16, then 17 all Failed..

I then tried stanard placebo x264 rate 17 my goto, and it failed as well. 

The source was a interlaced 29.97 variable fps file Ripped from An old tape recording .

Going to try my standard interlaced dvd hopefully i can do my standard encoding which is qtgmc bob even x264 Rate 17. 

Shijan do you happen to have the r50 complete install kmage with all the old stuff pre lsdvd and sox? And neofft3d and all those updates i just want to get back to my previous working build which I completely deleted.

Update
Ok when i do my usual thing which is to make individual tracks into mkvs via make mkv and run it qtgmc placebo x264 rate 17 it works as usual so far 17% into encode.
Could just be the file being variable frame rate and maybe it was tagged as progressive despite being 29.97 and hybrid recognizing it at bottom field first.
It was recorded off of tv or a vhs. So that may have something to do with it. May have others on video help analyze it for what i should do to process it before i try and give it to topaz (when i eventually buy it) unles we can add vsgan to hybrid in the distant future which i heard is also a great ai.

Messages In This Thread
RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - by Adamcarter - 20.08.2020, 07:10