This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS
You are right that this does happen when using high bit depth. in which case Hybrid uses: RGB48 (= 16bit); this also causes the problem on Windows. Smile
Using RGB30(=10bit) or RGB48(=8bit) works fine.
Problem seems to be the RGB48 to XY conversion.
So either this is a bug in Vapoursynth or something is amiss with the script.

clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.RGB48, matrix_in_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
# color adjustment using TimeCube
clip = core.timecube.Cube(clip=clip, cube="I:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ColorFilter/TimeCube/PQ_to_BT709_slope.cube")
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV444P16, matrix_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
clip = core.std.Levels(clip=clip, min_in=16, max_in=235, min_out=16, max_out=235)
-> green screen
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.RGB48, matrix_in_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
clip = core.timecube.Cube(clip=clip, cube="I:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ColorFilter/TimeCube/PQ_to_BT709_slope.cube")
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV444P10, matrix_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
clip = core.std.Levels(clip=clip, min_in=16, max_in=235, min_out=16, max_out=235)
-> green screen
# adjusting color space from YUV420P10 to RGB48 for vscube
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV444P8, matrix_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
-> works

Levels documentation says:
clip

Clip to process. It must have integer sample type and bit depth between 8 and 16, or float sample type and bit depth of 32. If there are any frames with other formats, an error will be returned.
Since there isn't an error I assume this is a bug in Vapoursynth -> I'll ask over at doom9s where the Vapoursynth developers are. (https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1...count=4076)

Cu Selur

Messages In This Thread
RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - by Selur - 09.09.2020, 04:52