This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS
It's a bug in Hybrid:
'Levels'-filter does not scale the limitations internally depending on the bit depth
(So if you apply the Levels filter to all Planes, stupid thing, but that is the default of the filter, you end up with black when limiting all planes to max 235)
-> Hybrid will have to scale when applying the filter. Smile
So maybe one more update for macOS could happen somehow? VOB files aspect ratio reading and this bit-depth-levels thing feels like critical bug in some situations.

Other things seems works very nice (I only removed kvazaar and aomenc from this release because they don't fully work) I transcoded some projects with a lot of filters recently and had no any issue. 100% GPU and CPU load during render. Updated NNEDI resizer seems a lot more smarter optimized compare to old versions and works very fast on GPU. Also Tested SMDegrain and seems it is way more advanced and better quality noise/grain reduction than temporary noise reduction in Davinci Resolve. Context Tooltips are real life saver when it goes to learning filter parameters.

Also i was thinking to connect for test second GPU and try if it possible to set manually one GPU for deinterlace and another GPU for resize at same time.

P.S. ChaosKing post some code tips about combed frames and qtgmc jaggies problem here https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p...ost1922869 Maybe it helps somehow to adjust something in qtgmc logic inside Hybrid in future...
(09.09.2020, 16:05)Selur Wrote: It's a bug in Hybrid:
'Levels'-filter does not scale the limitations internally depending on the bit depth
(So if you apply the Levels filter to all Planes, stupid thing, but that is the default of the filter, you end up with black when limiting all planes to max 235)
-> Hybrid will have to scale when applying the filter. Smile
We shouldn't apply the levels to all planes?
It might make sense on some sources, but when handling otherwise not broken sources, you usually want to just apply level alterations to chroma or luma.

Cu Selur
Apply level alterations to chroma or luma don't helps. In combination with TimeCube it just produce green color cast instead of black screen.
Yes, green/black it's the same issue: the scaling of the 0-255 values.
Today i connected additional Radeon 7970 GPU 3GB and test dual GPU setup with Radeon RX 580 8GB. 7970 is older and by LuxMark tests about 15% slower in OpenCL, but it is still decent card for additional compute.
I test Deinterlace+SMDegrain+NNEDI upscale to 1440x1080. Seems it is impossible to force both GPUs compute the same filter, so i experiment with different variations and switch manually devices in different filters.
In system monitoring both GPUs where 100% loaded during render, but for some strange reason i can't see any real difference in render time compare to single Radeon RX 580 setup.
I don't know of any Vapoursynth GPU filter which allows to use dual GPU setups, so no surprise that using two GPU on one filter.
About using GPU filters between filters: My guess is that depends on the filter combination, but haven't tested this for ages since I dropped dual gpu setups years ago. Sometimes I got a system where I have one gpu on the CPU and a discrete GPU, but it really rare I got two of the same cards.
-> you can asks the dev over @doom9 or in the git issue tracker, but I doubt there is much experience of development going on in regard of multi gpu support.

Cu Selur
Quote:Known problems and limitations:
- Buttons are not too pretty yet.
I don't see any way to include the SF Symbols you like, since Hybrid is based on Qt and not SwiftUI.

To help someone who has the skills to create better button images than the one currently used in Hybrid, I attached the icons that are currently used in Hybrid.

Cu Selur
Ok. Nice. But under "Buttons are not too pretty" I mean buttons style in disableIcons=true mode. In old Hybrid all buttons use nice looking rounded corners shape and white background. But in new Hybrid they have rectangle shape with sharp corners and light-grey background (not too common style in macOS UI)
Seems buttons with sharp corners appears only if i use to disableIcons=true in misc.ini
[Image: mDlLFhe.jpg][Image: ROY3AHs.jpg]

Also i noticed that in normal icons mode both old and new Hybrid icons in macOS look way smaller than Windows version. Is it a bug or just some specifics in macOS/Windows UI scaling? I personally prefer disableIcons=true mode, because it is way easier to read and understand. But i can try to experiment with icons redesign and see how it will work visually...