This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Delete metadata
Hi ,

i search with Hybrid (the best software encoder) delete metadata : Writing library and Encoding settings

Quote:Writing library            : x264 core 159 r2991 1771b55

Encoding settings          : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=22 / lookahead_threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=18.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=81 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

explain to me step by step please

thanx in advance !
The x264 authors want those information to be in the streams that are created with their encoder, which I why I do not plan to add an option of this in Hybrid.
That said, iirc using:
"path to ffmpeg" -i "path to input" -c copy -bsf:v 'filter_units=remove_types=6' "path to stripped output"
one could remove the SEI data (which holds the 'Encoding settings').

step-by-step:
1. open Windows Command prompt (or Terminal if you are on Linux or Mac)
2. Adjust the above call (by replacing the 'path to ...' entries)
3. Call the call

Cu Selur

Ps.: There might be other options to do this, but this is the first one that popped into my mind.
PPs.: As a side note: In x265 you can disable the 'encoding settings'-SEI data by disabling 'x265->Signaling->General Signaling->SEI Info'.
merci for the reps  Big Grin

i download FFmpeg : https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win64/...static.zip

add ffmpeg.exe  in root C:\

add Input folder in root C:\

add Output folder in root C:\

add input.mkv in Input folder

add line : ffmpeg.exe" -i "C:\Input\input.mkv" -bsf:v "filter_units=remove_types=6" -c copy "C:\Output\output.mkv"  to CMD comand (admin)

problem :

[Image: NT4CplF.png]

Fixed !!!! thanxxx
Quote:Fixed !!!! thanxxx
I guess you saw that you used:
ffmpeg.exe"
instead of
"ffmpeg.exe"
or
ffmpeg.exe
the (quotes) " are usually only necessary if you have a whitespace in your path or file name. Smile

Cu Selur