This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] i want to know Hybrid can do the same thing?
too many artifacts, to do much,...
(06.04.2020, 17:55)Selur Wrote: too many artifacts, to do much,...

why you dont  use Avisynth, instead of vapoursynth

and could you do some screenshot of the settings every step like this, i need the setting screenshots very much, because i want to get the same video result, but i can't get that through your guide by myself, thank you
[Image: O1uKEBx.png]

1. QTGMC and preset 'Slow'
2. SMDegrain with default values (there are probably better filters that could be used on the source, but I used SMDegrain to remove some noise; there are lots of artifacts in the source, that should be filtered for a proper reencode)
3. Cropped
4. Resized to 2160x1464 using NNEDI3
Quote:why you dont use Avisynth, instead of vapoursynth
I prefer Vapoursynth since:
a. Hybrid uses 64bit Vapoursynth version; Hybrid uses 32bit Avisynth since some filters are only available as 32bit versions
b. in my experience Vapoursynth is often faster if you have 4+cores. (on my cpu I have 16 logical cores)
c. gpu filters make less problems in Vapoursynth
d. some filters like gpu supported NNEDI3 are only available for Vapoursynth which can speed up quite a few filter scripts like QTGMC.
--
As a side note: I'm relatively sure that my filter and setting choice was far from perfect so if you spend the time to learn how to tweak the filters and when to try which filters there is still some room. That said, there won't be any miracles.

Cu Selur
(06.04.2020, 18:53)Selur Wrote:
Quote:why you dont  use Avisynth, instead of vapoursynth
I prefer Vapoursynth since:
a. Hybrid uses  64bit Vapoursynth version; Hybrid uses 32bit Avisynth since some filters are only available as 32bit versions
b. in my experience Vapoursynth is often faster if you have 4+cores. (on my cpu I have 16 logical cores)
c. gpu filters make less problems in Vapoursynth
d. some filters like gpu supported NNEDI3 are only available for Vapoursynth which can speed up quite a few filter scripts like QTGMC.
--
As a side note: I'm relatively sure that my filter and setting choice was far from perfect so if you spend the time to learn how to tweak the filters and when to try which filters there is still some room. That said, there won't be any miracles.

Cu Selur

OK, thank you . and why using slow mode of QTGMC, the more slow ,the better quality can get? if i using Avisynth QTGMC slow mode, is better than Fast mode? but spend much time?
Slower modes in QTGMC usually preserve more quality, but try for yourself if you don't see the difference stick with a faster preset. Smile

Cu Selur
(06.04.2020, 19:00)Selur Wrote: Slower modes in QTGMC usually preserve more quality, but try for yourself if you don't see the difference stick with a faster preset. Smile

Cu Selur

i using this custom settings from internet right now,but i don't know how to set like SLOW mode to preserve more quality
[Image: g2o52W5.png]

and if you using 2080ti graphic card for the Video Enhance AI, every two seconds can done 1 frame, that's to say within 24 hours can do a long film, otherwise using CPU needs more than about four weeks for 4K, Video Enhance AI only support NVIDIA right now, the card level below GTX1080 will force using CPU to work only.
You already are using 'Placebo' inside the custom settings on the right under 'Preset' you can set a base preset.

Cu Selur