This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] i want to know Hybrid can do the same thing?
(02.04.2020, 23:03)ssdde Wrote: yeah. when i set like this in 60 frate, it's OK
[Image: O1uKEBx.png]

You only need to set deinterlace Filtering -> Bob (use for double frame rate deinterlace mode) No need to use additional sRestore or any other framerate manipulations with framerate.
Read my very basic guide here https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=1279
Hover mouse (or mouse right-click) on filter name or button and read quick tips in Hybrid window on the right.
(02.04.2020, 23:25)shijan Wrote:
(02.04.2020, 23:03)ssdde Wrote: yeah. when i set like this in 60 frate, it's OK
[Image: O1uKEBx.png]

You only need to set deinterlace Filtering -> Bob (use for double frame rate deinterlace mode) No need to use additional sRestore or any other framerate manipulations with framerate.
Read my very basic guide here https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=1279
Hover mouse (or mouse right-click) on filter name or button and read quick tips in Hybrid window on the right.

OK, good ,thank you , very helpful

i set deinterlace like this pic totally right now, is that suitable for my video clip? or which place need to be modify? thanks

[Image: g2o52W5.png]

and the double frame rate deinterlace mode you said is only can be used in VapourSynth mode? can Avisynth do the same thing?
Quote:and the double frame rate deinterlace mode you said is only can be used in VapourSynth mode? can Avisynth do the same thing?
nope, works fine in Vapoursynth and Avisynth.

Cu Selur

Ps.: as a side note: it would be helpful for readability to not quote the whole conversation with all the images,.. (can't really tell who is replying to what)
(02.04.2020, 21:22)Selur Wrote: Here's a version where I used Vapoursynth with:
1. QTGMC and preset 'Slow'
2. SMDegrain with default values (there are probably better filters that could be used on the source, but I used SMDegrain to remove some noise; there are lots of artifacts in the source, that should be filtered for a proper reencode)
3. Cropped
4. Resized to 2160x1464 using NNEDI3
encoded to H.265
-> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hbkdjZ...hrF23FeDFS

Cu Selur

i tried encoded with x265 also, the NV12 change to YUV420, how to keep no change, x265 with NV12
You can't atm. since Hybrid does not support nv12 or nv16 atm.
Why do you need it?
NV21/NV12 are variants of YUV420. The difference is in how the components are laid out in memory.
see: https://wiki.videolan.org/YUV/#NV12.2FNV21

Also iirc NV12 is 8bit only.

CU Selur
(03.04.2020, 14:24)Selur Wrote: You can't atm. since Hybrid does not support nv12 or nv16 atm.
Why do you need it?
NV21/NV12 are variants of YUV420. The difference is in how the components are laid out in memory.
see: https://wiki.videolan.org/YUV/#NV12.2FNV21

Also iirc NV12 is 8bit only.

CU Selur

yeah the reason why i want nv12 not YUV420, is the two was slightly different, i don't know which is better, the NV12 pictures keep the same with DVD original source, the link file which i posted, but YUV420 pictures look like a little more darker
No, NV12 and YUV420 contain the same data, they just store them differently.

What you are referring to sound like a pc (0-255) vs. tv (16-235) scale problem or more likely a color matrix issue.
By default Hybrid tries to keep these as detected by the source, but not all source are properly flagged and not all players respect the flags.
SD content usually uses BT/Rec 601 while HD+ usually uses BT/Re. 709 a color matrix.
While up-/down-scaling usually one adjusts the color matrix and depending on the resizing gamma aware resizing might be a good idea (ResameHQ is an avisynth resizer which uses gamma aware resizing).

-> if you seriously want to upscale content you should know your way around color spaces&matrices and know the differences of different resizers.

Cu Selur
(03.04.2020, 16:13)Selur Wrote: No, NV12 and YUV420 contain the same data, they just store them differently.

What you are referring to sound like a pc (0-255) vs. tv (16-235) scale problem or more likely a color matrix issue.
By default Hybrid tries to keep these as detected by the source, but not all source are properly flagged and not all players respect the flags.
SD content usually uses BT/Rec 601 while HD+ usually uses BT/Re. 709 a color matrix.
While up-/down-scaling usually one adjusts the color matrix and depending on the resizing gamma aware resizing might be a good idea (ResameHQ is an avisynth resizer which uses gamma aware resizing).

-> if you seriously want to upscale content you should know your way around color spaces&matrices and know the differences of different resizers.

Cu Selur

yeah, so many knowledge to learn,right now i use Video Enhance AI to upscale, i just need the high definition DVD source as possbile
Hope you:
a. have lots of time
b. have a really powerful GPU
since most the AI stuff is way too slow on my rig (Ryzen 7 1800+ and a Geforce GTX 1070Ti) to be useful to upscale a whole movie.

Cu Selur
(03.04.2020, 19:10)Selur Wrote: Hope you:
a. have lots of time
b. have a really powerful GPU
since most the AI stuff is way too slow on my rig (Ryzen 7 1800+  and a Geforce GTX 1070Ti) to be useful to upscale a whole movie.

Cu Selur

yes, it's too slow. i'm try to upsale the video file which you send me the google link, for 4K using Video enhance AI, the preview picture seems no difference with the original one, amazing, is it show the effect you made already the best of the best? that AI can't do better?

the left is the file you sent to me, the right is the AI upscale 4K preview, almost no different.
[Image: lxwrR.jpg]