This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cut support - Issue with audio not being cut
(05.04.2020, 17:38)Selur Wrote: No clue why it would be out of sync that much unless your source if vfr or either the audio or video decoder has issues with the source.
I don't see any indication in the log where the problem could be.
-> this and similar effects is why the whole cutting support is marked as *experimental*
I don't see a way to fix it in Hybrid.

Cu Selur

I thought I'd investigate this myself a bit further to see if I could figure out what was happening. Doing this I noticed that the audio is EXACTLY 1 minute out of sync. (video is 1 minute ahead of the audio).
I've also noticed when the video finishes playing (according to media player classic), the audio continues playing for EXACTLY 1 minute as well!!

So I tried to create a 1 minute video to see what would happen. This crashed!

So then I tried a 2 minute video, this also crashed. I had the logs turned on this time: https://send.firefox.com/download/181933...FZJBrs9aCg

I'm going to try a 5 minute cut now and I'll update this post with the results...
Does the Vapoursynth preview work?
Okay, I see a problem, both ffmpeg and the vapoursynth script try to cut the source,..
-> I'll look into it.
EDIT: Well, that didn't work. Here's a link to the image: https://i.ibb.co/9sTxB7Q/image.png

The thing circled in red here? Yes works perfect! I wish I had have noticed this before, I'm tweaking settings and this is a great feature Big Grin
can't see you image,..
Does this link not work:

https://i.ibb.co/9sTxB7Q/image.png
That's the FilterView not the Vapoursynt FilterView, not sure I overwrote it that is Vapoursynth is used the normal FilterView also opens the Vapoursynth FilterView,...
-> I think I know where the problem is, but I need time to fix it,...
(05.04.2020, 20:17)Selur Wrote: That's the FilterView not the Vapoursynt FilterView, not sure I overwrote it that is Vapoursynth is used the normal FilterView also opens the Vapoursynth FilterView,...
-> I think I know where the problem is, but I need time to fix it,...

Is it also what's causing the 1 minute audio sync issue?
Yes, I think so.
(06.04.2020, 04:08)Selur Wrote: Yes, I think so.
Excellent! If you need me to test anything let me know Smile