This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Flash3kDB causes Vapoursynth to crash
It's not possible to use the Flash3kDB filter in Vapoursynth, it crashes.

Here I just ticked Flash3kDB at the defaults. It's the only filter.

[Image: mfr3I1i.png]

Level 9 debug attached.

[attachment=854]Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Can't reproduce this here.
Does the Vapoursynth preview work?

Encoding call:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\VAPOUR~1\vspipe.exe" "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\encodingTempSynthSkript_09_52_08_4110.vpy" - --y4m | "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\x264.exe" --preset veryslow --crf 1.00 --profile high --level 4.1 --sync-lookahead 12 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --sar 1:1 --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt470bg --demuxer y4m  --input-range tv --fps 30/1 --output-depth 8 --output "C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\09_52_08_4110_03.264" -
and the Vapoursynth script:
# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DebandFilter/Flash3kDeband/flash3kyuu_deband.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/FFMS2/ffms2.dll")
# Loading source using FFMS2
clip = core.ffms2.Source(source="E:/USER/fin/VIDEOS~1/fail/rc/BRICKS~1.AVI",cachefile="C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/Temp/09_52_08_4110.ffindex",format=vs.YUV420P8,alpha=False)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 470bg
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="470bg",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 30
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=30, fpsden=1)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# Debanding using Flash3kDB
# debanding using f3kdb
clip = core.f3kdb.Deband(clip, keep_tv_range=True)
# adjusting output color from: YUV420P16 to YUV420P8 for x264Model (i420)
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P8, range_s="limited")
# Output
clip.set_output()
look fine too.

Does this only hapen with this source or also with others?

Cu Selur
Oh geez. It must be something weird just on my end then. Dang!

I don't have any custom configs set up, so when I start Hybrid it starts at the defaults.

The crash happens on any file. I've tried several so far, mpeg, divx, h264, etc.

Start Hybrid, load file, go right to Vapoursynth -> Artefacts tab, tick "Deband" with Flash3kDB set at defaults.

If I click the Vapoursynth preview button, it crashes:

[Image: 4qUMFmL.png]

Faulting application name: vsViewer.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5df3b11e
Faulting module name: vsViewer.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5df3b11e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000014e64
Faulting process id: 0x16e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d616c45a1cf1bd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\Vapoursynth\vsViewer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\Vapoursynth\vsViewer.exe
Report Id: 9c37eaad-82b7-11ea-93cf-0050560b8935

If I click the Vapoursynth preview button first, the preview viewer loads. I can frame advance normally. If I then tick Deband with Flash3kDB set at defaults, the preview viewer "locks" at the current frame; I can no longer frame advance. The preview viewer application itself isn't "locked" though. The Vapoursynth Editor log displays:

Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: Failed to load C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DebandFilter/Flash3kDeband/flash3kyuu_deband.dll. GetLastError() returned 193.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1946, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
  File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1947, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
  File "C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\TEMPPR~1.VPY", line 5, in <module>
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DebandFilter/Flash3kDeband/flash3kyuu_deband.dll")
  File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1852, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__
vapoursynth.Error: Failed to load C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DebandFilter/Flash3kDeband/flash3kyuu_deband.dll. GetLastError() returned 193.

Looks like the vapoursynth.pyx python/cython script errors. I can't find a cython folder anywhere (I'm assuming it's built into hybrid.exe?). I *do* have Python 3.6.3 x64 installed (C:\Program Files\Python 3.6.3). Do I maybe need to change this to a different version? My PATH environment variable has C:\Program Files\Python 3.6.3\ and C:\Program Files\Python 3.6.3\Scripts\.
Hybrid does come with a portable Python version inside the Hybrid/64bit/Vapoursynth folder

Cu Selur
I discovered the problem.

The Hybrid install from http://www.selur.de/sites/default/files/..._SETUP.exe copies the 32 bit version of flash3kyuu_deband.dll into C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\vsfilters\DebandFilter\Flash3kDeband.

(The copy of flash3kyuu_deband.dll in C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins is the the same file.)

I ran Sigcheck on all the files in C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit and found 2 other 32 bit files as well:

E:\USER\Test\64bit\msvcp100.dll:
    Verified:    Signed
    Signing date:    4:50 AM 6/11/2011
    Publisher:    Microsoft Corporation
    Company:    Microsoft Corporation
    Description:    Microsoft® C Runtime Library
    Product:    Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010
    Prod version:    10.00.40219.325
    File version:    10.00.40219.325
    MachineType:    32-bit

E:\USER\Test\64bit\Vapoursynth\7z.dll:
    Verified:    Unsigned
    Link date:    12:00 PM 2/21/2019
    Publisher:    n/a
    Company:    Igor Pavlov
    Description:    7z Plugin
    Product:    7-Zip
    Prod version:    19.00
    File version:    19.00

E:\USER\Test\64bit\vsfilters\DebandFilter\Flash3kDeband\flash3kyuu_deband.dll:
    Verified:    Unsigned
    Link date:    5:15 PM 6/28/2019
    Publisher:    n/a
    Company:    n/a
    Description:    n/a
    Product:    n/a
    Prod version:    n/a
    File version:    n/a

I'm pretty certain I didn't mess with these files and that they were installed that way! Undecided
good to known.
Will fix in the next release, attached the 64bit dll

Cu Selur