This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] MKV (H.264/ACC) for Plex audio sync issues
Does AVI container even allow vfr?
there is tons of stuff possible in avi,... https://alexander-noe.com/video/documentation/avi.pdf

Quote: but why? Why does AVI works, isn’t audio and video being handled separately like with MKV H.264?
No clue why the avi container should behave differently Hybrid doesn't work differently, from my point of view there should be no difference.

Quote:I downloaded the file you help me encode an it sounds great, what parameters did you use to encode it? which de-interlacing algorithm was used? Cause no matter what I chose I always get audio drifting on 2 hours video, even with the sample files.
I'm pretty sure I used ultra fast or similar for the encoding settings nothing special since video quality wasn't my concern, just wanted to see whether it stayed sync. For deinterlacing I used the default QTGMC and enabled bob, don't think I did anything more.

Cu Selur
(20.05.2020, 23:22)Selur Wrote:
Does AVI container even allow vfr?
there is tons of stuff possible in avi,... https://alexander-noe.com/video/documentation/avi.pdf

Quote: but why? Why does AVI works, isn’t audio and video being handled separately like with MKV H.264?
No clue why the avi container should behave differently Hybrid doesn't work differently, from my point of view there should be no difference.

Quote:I downloaded the file you help me encode an it sounds great, what parameters did you use to encode it? which de-interlacing algorithm was used? Cause no matter what I chose I always get audio drifting on 2 hours video, even with the sample files.
I'm pretty sure I used ultra fast or similar for the encoding settings nothing special since video quality wasn't my concern, just wanted to see whether it stayed sync. For deinterlacing I used the default QTGMC and enabled bob, don't think I did anything more.

Cu Selur

Thanks for the response, I will go through the PDF to learn more about the AVI container and run more test on the files with other configurations before posting back with new results.
Quote:No clue why the avi container should behave differently Hybrid doesn't work differently, from my point of view there should be no difference.
That's what I thought too, I can't figure out why it works on one container but doesn't on the other, and the thing is I really want to use Hybrid and not Handbrake as it doesn't support Avisynth filters.
Problem is I can't really help unless I can somehow reproduce the issue.
Like I demonstrated the problem like you described it does not happen here.
Only difference seems to be that I used ffmpeg instead of VirtualDub for the concatenation.

Cu Selur
(21.05.2020, 09:05)Selur Wrote: Problem is I can't really help unless I can somehow reproduce the issue.
Like I demonstrated the problem like you described it does not happen here.
Only difference seems to be that I used ffmpeg instead of VirtualDub for the concatenation.

Cu Selur

No problem, I will try to replicate your results by using the same tools, I sent you a PM to request if you could provide me another link to the version of Hybrid you were using, as the previous link no longer works.

Thank you!