This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DLL errors when starting after a clean re-install
I really hope this isn't a stupid problem.. Sorry in advance if I have missed something.

My old Win7 PC died, so I am in the process of rebuilding a new PC with Windows10.

Its going quite well, but I have run into a problem when installing Hybrid.

The install goes OK, but when I launch it, I get a number of errors relating to VCCEENCC.EXE regarding missing files...

Namely:

AVCODEC-57.DLL
AVUTIL-55.DLL
AVFORMAT-57.DLL
AVFILTER-6

Then at the end I am told "Get Tools Versions got an empty outpuit for VCEEnc The cause might be that the VCEEnc could not be found,... Please redo this with debug output enabled and tell the author."

I have tried re-installing and it didn't help.. Could it be that there is another bundle of tools I need to install? Or is something broken here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jon
Must have accidentally added an old VCEncC build.
Download the latest over at https://github.com/rigaya/VCEEnc/releases/, extract into your Hybrid/64bit folder and rename VCEEncC64.exe to VCEEncC.exe.
If that doesn't help: https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=1273

Cu Selur
(30.04.2020, 21:32)Selur Wrote: Must have accidentally added an old VCEncC build.
Download the latest over at https://github.com/rigaya/VCEEnc/releases/, extract into your Hybrid/64bit folder and rename VCEEncC64.exe to VCEEncC.exe.
If that doesn't help: https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=1273

Cu Selur
The files in the latest bundle (6.00) matches whats already in the 64 bit folder..

avcodec-58.dll
avutil-56.dll
avformat-58
avfilter-7

But the error I get relates to older versions

avcodec-57
avutil-55
avformat-57
avfilter-6

So would it not make sense for me to get an older version of VCEncC?

Edit: Nope.. Even going back to VCEncC 4.00, the file names are still the same as what I have... So I don't understand..

Should I follow the advice in the 2nd link and make the ini file which ignores VCEncC.

One thing interesting is that I havn't got around to updating (or even installing) my Video Drivers yet and there was some chat in that thread about the latest Radeon drivers, so could that be linked to this?
VCEEncC uses the Intel GPU thus updating your AMD Radeon drivers won't help you need to update your CPU software.

Cu Selur
(01.05.2020, 00:03)Selur Wrote: VCEEncC uses the Intel GPU thus updating your AMD Radeon drivers won't help you need to update your CPU software.

Cu Selur

CPU software? How do I do that?? I am using an old HP workstation which I aquired from work.. Its old, but powerful for its day and I don't think there are any new drivers that Win10 doens't install already.

I am not clear what I am ment to do now.. So you are saying this is an OS/Driver issue, and not a fault with Hybrid?

I don't know how I am going to fix this now if its a Intel issue..

Edit: Ignore that.. I put on VCEEncV 6.00 just in case, and its solved the issue.. Hybrid is working now! Phew..Thanks for your help
Happy that installing the 6.0 version helped. Smile

About the cpu drivers: Since you mentioned a HP system, you are probably using an Intel CPU, so using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant might help. Smile

Cu Selur
(01.05.2020, 09:13)Selur Wrote: Happy that installing the 6.0 version helped. Smile

About the cpu drivers: Since you mentioned a HP system, you are probably using an Intel CPU, so using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant might help. Smile

Cu Selur

Cheers Selur.

Believe it or not, I have been working in the computer industry for over 30 years and have only ever owned AMD based PCs (other than early 086-486 and Pentium based systems).. So I have no idea about Intel CPUs are supported.

I will certainly check out the link you sent as this will certainly help.

As I havn't started using Hybrid yet on the new PC, assuming you are planning to fix this, would it help for me to de-install everything and try again when release a fix just as a test?? Or are you going to leave this as is?

Jon
I just released a new public version which includes the VCEEncC v6.

Cu Selur
(01.05.2020, 11:51)Selur Wrote: I just released a new public version which includes the VCEEncC v6.

Cu Selur

Cheers. I will remove everything and start again.. Just to make sure it works...

(01.05.2020, 11:56)jweaver Wrote:
(01.05.2020, 11:51)Selur Wrote: I just released a new public version which includes the VCEEncC v6.

Cu Selur

Cheers. I will remove everything and start again.. Just to make sure it works...

Works.. Good work as always.

Stay safe!

Jon