This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Encoding x265 @2 passes gives ERROR: ... .265 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)
Hello.

I'm using version 2020.02.19.1.

I tried to encode a file using x265, 2 passes.

First thing was setting the path options.
[Image: zz1.jpg]

Next, the x265 settings (selecting 2 pass encoding -> 1st pass):

[Image: zz-2-1st-pass.jpg]

Then, in Base, click to start the job:

[Image: zz-3.jpg]

1st pass finishes just fine.

Then I select 2nd pass, locate the .stats file, and I load it.

[Image: zz-2nd-pass.jpg]

[Image: zz-4-stats.jpg]

I started the job just like I did with 1st pass, and it crashes. The log gives the ERROR G:.... .265 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)

Quote:-> Creating jobs for source: (1)
-> Generating calls for: C:\Users\Pulgas\Desktop\x265test.mkv
  adding x265 calls for source: 1
  createJobs for C:\Users\Pulgas\Desktop\x265test.mkv
  creating attachment extraction subjobs
  creating video subjobs
  creating muxing subjobs
  optimizing the subJobs
-> finished creating subjobs for current source
  added new job with id 21_31_17_6110
-> should be there after processing: G:\tempp\21_31_17_6110_01.265
starting 21_31_17_6110_01_video@21:31:17.634 - C:\Users\Pulgas\Desktop\x265test.mkv
finished after 00:00:01.154
-> 21_31_17_6110_01_video crashed: ERROR: G:\tempp\21_31_17_6110_01.265 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)
Aborting '21_31_17_6110_01_video' due to: ERROR: G:\tempp\21_31_17_6110_01.265 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)

Now, the funny thing is if for encoding mode I select 2 passes and let Hybrid do all the job automatically (1st and 2nd pass) (of course, no need to select the stats file)  it works just fine!
Haven't used the 2passes separately for ages. Smile
Will look at it today after work.
A debug output level 9 of the job creation and processing would be nice.
(My guess it is related to the re-use analysis path.)

Also posting part of a log file that explicitly starts with:
Quote:This log is only intended for user information.
It should not be part of a bug/problem report!!
Really does not help.

Cu Selur
Yeah, I guess something must be wrong with the path. But then again, it works fine if I select 2 passes and let it do all the work automatically. Confused

Attached a level 9:
Think I found the cause, will send you a link (via PM) to a dev version for testing to see whether I fixed the issue.

Cu Selur