This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Disable deinterlace
Hi.
I would like to know if there's no way to disable the deinterlacer. Before there was the possibility to select ''none'', but I can no longer see it in the latest version of hybrid.

Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

that's a bug, but if you simply disable auto deinterlacing or configure the output format to encode to interlaced output Hybrid won't deinterlace.
Alright, thanks for the answer.
If I may, I have another question (not related to that). Is Jinc resizer not present in hybrid? I couldn't find it.

Regards
Nope, I don't use it, nobody ever requested it.
-> not supported atm.
It would be nice to see it in future releases, if possible. It gives a pretty nice quality. Smile
Take a look at your spare time: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/JincResize

Thanks.
I did some small tests and now I remember why I don't like JicResize:
a. it eats lots of RAM
b. it causes quite a bit of ringing
but I can add support for it, may be there is a scenario where people really use this.

Cu Selur
I checked my old code and comments, I removed 'none' since it was unnecessary.
The normal intended behavior is:
a. when 'auto' is enabled: Hybrid will deinterlaced if the input isn't progressive and 'Force' is disabled
b. when 'Force' is enabled: Hybrid will always deinterlace depending independent of the scan type

Cu Selur
Quote:but I can add support for it, may be there is a scenario where people really use this.
Thank you very much for adding support to it. It's a bit hungry indeed, but in some sources it does a really good job.

Quote:I checked my old code and comments, I removed 'none' since it was unnecessary.
The normal intended behavior is:
a. when 'auto' is enabled: Hybrid will deinterlaced if the input isn't progressive and 'Force' is disabled
b. when 'Force' is enabled: Hybrid will always deinterlace depending independent of the scan type
Quite plausible. Thanks for the explanation.