This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Jobs list not saving
I hope this isn't something really obvious I am overlooking.

After a new buiid of a PC I am slowly working to get it back to where it was before.. And have spent a fair bit of time iwth Hybrid trying to restore its functionality

I have found that my "jobs" list is not saving... It did once once as I have a list of "jobs" from a new weeks back...

Looking under the "misc" tab, I have "Autosave Job Queue" set to "... after news job were added " (Just spotted a typo there.. I think it should say "adter new jobs".).

This has tuned into a problem, as following your help last week, where I now have "On queue finished:" to CLOSE.. I can no longer see the status of my Jobs when I re-open Hybrid, so I don't know which ones I did and whether they completed OK.

Am I missing something here?

I just did a quick test where I added a job to the queue and it appeared at hte bottom of the list.. I then stopped it.. Quit Hybrid and re-opened and its no longer there...

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Jon
Can't reproduce this here.
I set "Jobs->Misc->On queue finished" to 'close', and 'Jobs->Misc->Autosave job queue..' to '.. after new jobs were added'.
I then added a few jobs to the queue, started one, stopped it and closed Hybrid.
Opening Hybrid again, all jobs were there.
-> No clue.

Cu Selur

Ps.: I'll be offline till Monday so I won't look into this any further until then.
(22.05.2020, 17:18)Selur Wrote: Can't reproduce this here.
I set "Jobs->Misc->On queue finished" to 'close', and 'Jobs->Misc->Autosave job queue..' to '.. after new jobs were added'.
I then added a few jobs to the queue, started one, stopped it and closed Hybrid.
Opening Hybrid again, all jobs were there.
-> No clue.

Cu Selur

Ps.: I'll be offline till Monday so I won't look into this any further until then.

I looked at the list again and noticed that a couple of the jobs I did recently were actually there, but at the top.. So the list wasn't even in order.

So I cleared it and now jobs seem to be logging/saving normally again.. Looks like something got messed up, so I will just keep an eye on this to see if it happens again

Cheers

Jon
List items can be rearranged.
No clue why auto save would rearrange them,...
(24.05.2020, 12:17)Selur Wrote: List items can be rearranged.
No clue why auto save would rearrange them,...

Sorry to take so long to get back.. After deleting my job list, everything is now saving again... But I do now know why some of the jobs were "re-arranged"... And this might have always been the case, but I have never noticed.

From what I can tell, the jobs list sorted by "ID"... And the ID starts with the time that the job was started.

So my FINISHED jobs have ideas from 14 to 22 and they are all mixed up... Is there any way to sort them in another order (date perhaps?) so I can see my most recent jobs at the bottom.

Right now, because I have Hybrid set to close after every batch of jobs, when it starts up again, the job is "lost" in the list and I have no way to easily identify it..

Was it always this way? I would have sworn that jobs were in date order before, but I am doubting myself now.
On load jobs are sorted by ID. (for years)
The ID is basically a coded time, so if you change the order or add jobs that were created earlier in the day than others the order can change.

Cu Selur
(25.06.2020, 15:50)Selur Wrote: On load jobs are sorted by ID. (for years)
The ID is basically a coded time, so if you change the order or add jobs that were created earlier in the day than others the order can change.

Cu Selur

OK.. I get it.. Just checking... And I assume the sort logic is hard coded? Or there is no way to change the ID format (ie By adding the date)? Its no big deal, but now I have set Hybrid to close after doing its thing, so that the PC can "sleep" I am loosing track of jobs as there is no useable order to them.
Yes, ID is hardcoded.
I had a look at it and I think I could add the date to the ID without breaking things.
Will send you a link to a dev version for testing, once I compiled and uploaded a new dev version, via pm.

Cu Selur