This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] x265 thumbnail problem
(31.05.2020, 10:30)Selur Wrote:
Quote:but encoded x265 file with Hybrid , can't see thumbnail in Potplayer, no isolate with win10. and other x265 video files are no problem
Works fine with MPC-BE and when I enable the preview for the slider.
I downloaded PotPlayerPortable_1.7.21212 and here the thumbnail preview on the slider works fine with mkv(H.265), for larger files it takes a while for the player to create the thumbnails but after a bit of waiting even with larger files theĀ  thumbnail preview on the slider works fine.
No clue where the problem is on your system.

Cu Selur

i upload the file which i have problems, can you test for me? thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QQw_rKD...sp=sharing

do you have the same two problems, in window explorer can't display thumbnails, even installed Icaros, and play in Potplayer, can thumbnail on progress bar display?
a. What should I test?
b. Can't you use a smaller file. Downloading 1.1GB seems excessive.

Cu Selur
(31.05.2020, 16:40)Selur Wrote: a. What should I test?
b. Can't you use a smaller file. Downloading 1.1GB seems excessive.

Cu Selur

do you have the same two problems, in window explorer can't display thumbnails, even installed Icaros, and play in Potplayer, can thumbnail on progress bar display?

in order to see the real difference, troubling you to play the same file as me
I think I found where the problem is. Seems like PotPlayer and the thumbnail generation only knows of 'hvc1' and not 'hev1' as stream tags for MPEG-4 HEVC.
Enable "Config->Output->Container Settings->Mp4 Settings->Force HEVC tag" and set it to "hvc1" and your files should work. (you can remux old files to fix this, no reencode necessary)

Cu Selur
(31.05.2020, 17:37)Selur Wrote: I think I found where the problem is. Seems like PotPlayer and the thumbnail generation only knows of 'hvc1' and not 'hev1' as stream tags for MPEG-4 HEVC.
Enable "Config->Output->Container Settings->Mp4 Settings->Force HEVC tag" and set it to "hvc1" and your files should work. (you can remux old files to fix this, no reencode necessary)

Cu Selur

really, you mean setting like this?

[Image: B9WyHq5IbXkjYlx.jpg]

and how to remux old files without reencode?
Quote:really, you mean setting like this?
yes

Quote:and how to remux old files without reencode?
  1. start Hybrid
  2. set 'Base->Processing->Video' to 'passthrough'
  3. set 'Base->Processing->Audio' to 'passthrough (all)'
  4. in case your files have subtitles in them enable 'Config->Automation->Passthrough streams->Subtitle'
  5. enable "Config->Output->Container Settings->Mp4 Settings->Force HEVC tag" and set it to "hvc1"
  6. load your file
  7. set your output name
  8. create a job and start it

Cu Selur
(31.05.2020, 20:26)Selur Wrote:
Quote:really, you mean setting like this?
yes

Quote:and how to remux old files without reencode?
  1. start Hybrid
  2. set 'Base->Processing->Video' to 'passthrough'
  3. set 'Base->Processing->Audio' to 'passthrough (all)'
  4. in case your files have subtitles in them enable 'Config->Automation->Passthrough streams->Subtitle'
  5. enable "Config->Output->Container Settings->Mp4 Settings->Force HEVC tag" and set it to "hvc1"
  6. load your file
  7. set your output name
  8. create a job and start it

Cu Selur

thanks. try later

and how do you find out the fix solution, using my test file?

and if it can fix, the problem is also related with Hybrid, so this thread needs to be "Problems & Questions"

and if ask in the PotPlayer forum. (https://potplayer.daum.net/forum/), it can't be fixed, right?
Quote: how do you find out the fix solution, using my test file?
No, I simply did lots of testing,...
Quote:the problem is also related with Hybrid
No. This is not a bug in Hybrid. This is mainly PotPlayer and Windows Explorer not supporting all ways H.265 can be packaged.

Quote:and if ask in the PotPlayer forum. (https://potplayer.daum.net/forum/), it can't be fixed, right?
No. How I see it, PotPlayer devs should be able to fix this in their player so that no remuxing would be needed.

Cu Selur
(31.05.2020, 21:09)Selur Wrote:
Quote: how do you find out the fix solution, using my test file?
No, I simply did lots of testing,...
Quote:the problem is also related with Hybrid
No. This is not a bug in Hybrid. This is mainly PotPlayer and Windows Explorer not supporting all ways H.265 can be packaged.

Quote:and if ask in the PotPlayer forum. (https://potplayer.daum.net/forum/), it can't be fixed, right?
No. How I see it, PotPlayer devs should be able to fix this in their player so that no remuxing would be needed.

Cu Selur

yeah. if you ask in Potplayer forum, potplayer devs should be able to fix, but Microsoft how to solve.

the best way is change the Hybrid default setting
I won't change the defaults in Hybrid, you can change them in your installation.

Cu Selur