This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Opus 7.1 crash on file load
Came across a situation where when I selected certain files I had encoded earlier Hybrid just froze
Eventually tracked it down to movies that I had encoded into Opus 7.1

So I grabbed the 7.1 channel sample from here: https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/7.1au...r%20v2.wav
threw it into Hybrid, encoded it to opus then stuck the mvk file back into Hybrid and crash.

Using Hybrids folder I ran mediainfo.exe -f <file> and it silently crashes on Opus 7.1 files (without outputting anything into the logfile when I include the parameter).
Also does the same when I encoded the file using foobar2k instead of hybrid.
Opus 6.1 files data shows up fine btw.

Hybrid_2020.06.21.1 generates a crash msg out a lack of log.
Hybrid_2020.05.01.1 just silently sits unresponsive.
Same thing happens here.
I'll look into it that Hybrid properly aborts, but to really get this fixed you should report this to the MediaInfo author over at https://sourceforge.net/p/mediainfo/bugs/ in case you haven't done that.

Cu Selur
(26.06.2020, 21:51)Selur Wrote: Same thing happens here.
I'll look into it that Hybrid properly aborts, but to really get this fixed you should report this to the MediaInfo author over at https://sourceforge.net/p/mediainfo/bugs/ in case you haven't done that.

Cu Selur
Hmmn, i just d/l'd the binary from sourceforge and it works for 7.1
older version tho, 19.something, so i went to https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows to get the current? version, the same as Hybrids and 7.1 works...?
mediainfo.exe --version
gives me:
MediaInfo Command line,
MediaInfoLib - v20.03
I just tested with a newer mediainfo build I build and that version works.
So seems like the bug in MediaInfo has been fixed and replacing the mediainfo.exe with the attached file should fix the issue.

Cu Selur
(26.06.2020, 22:23)Selur Wrote:
mediainfo.exe --version
gives me:
MediaInfo Command line,
MediaInfoLib - v20.03
Yup, just tried it in Hybrid.
The Mediaarea binary is the same version number, but it doesn't crash?
For the hell of it, i just dropped mediaareas binary into Hybrid and it doesnt crash..
It's just the same version, but the code in it changed.
I usually build mediainfo&co fresh from the source when doing a release, seems like the source code of mediainfo contained a bug when I checked it out then.
Since MediaInfo doesn't change the version info on each commited change to the source same reported version might still mean different code. Wink

Cu Selur
new mediainfo also seems to have solved another weird bug where after clicking the icon Hybrid would just silently die (without leaving a log) about 20% of the time.

P.S. is it just me or has the UI startup gotten slower again?
Quote:is it just me or has the UI startup gotten slower again?
For me the startup time didn't change much,...
Without loading a queue, debug disabled and not on the first start up (where all the tool versions get checked), startup consistently is around 1.7-1.8s here.
That said, really old versions of Hybrid started up in under a second, but adding more and more Avisynth and Vapoursynth filters and expanding Hybrid does slow it down, but not much.

Cu Selur
(26.06.2020, 23:21)Selur Wrote:
Quote:is it just me or has the UI startup gotten slower again?
For me the startup time didn't change much,...
Without loading a queue, debug disabled and not on the first start up (where all the tool versions get checked), startup consistently is around 1.7-1.8s here.
That said, really old versions of Hybrid started up in under a second, but adding more and more Avisynth and Vapoursynth filters and expanding Hybrid does slow it down, but not much.

Cu Selur
<2s?
I average ~13seconds startup, +~2s with debug on?
Hybrid is installed on my NVME SSD and starting up maxes out at 5% CPU (Ryzen 3900X)

Looking at the log:
finished loading GlobalDataModel: 9.35000000
finished loading MainTabModel: 1.25000000
loading Defaults '' took: 10.96500000

Ah, I've just discovered why:
I have a misc.ini file to increase the font size of my ageing eyes, this is it's content:
[General]
  fontSize=16
  toolTipFontSize=16

deleting it drops the startup to ~ 1.2seconds.... not sure wtf changing the font slows it down by a full order of magnitude...