This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Pulling my hair out, cannot get any encodes to start.
Hello, I was recommended Hybrid+Vapoursynth by a friend, but I cannot get an encode to start, it fails at saying the xxxx.x264 is too small with 0 bytes

This was on the last version I was trying 2020/05
https://del.dog/hybrid.txt

With version 2020/6/21
Same thing.

I really want this to work, I even tried it on windows and got the same error with the same settings. Any details, debugging or whatever you need from me to make this work, I will do.

Thank you! I hope I'm missing something small.
Okay.
According to the debug ouput processing the Vapoursynth script fails.
And since I only look at the debug outputs of the latest release, that's as far as I go there.

My advice would be to:
a. uninstall the old Hybrid Verison and all it's files
b. since you are on a Debian based system, use the latest Hybrid Linux64bit package (with base tools and most dependencies).
c. use https://github.com/Selur/hybrid-vapoursynth-addon to setup Vapoursynth
d. before starting an encoding, check that the Vapoursynth Preview works
If the Vapoursynth Preview fails, it should show some error which might help to figure out what is going wrong.
If you use the latest version and the Vapoursynth Preview does work, try encoding again and in case it fails, create a debug output level 9 of the job processing.

My guess is that the problem is the Vapoursynth setup and the usage of 'vsfilters_env.sh' which was removed in newer versions, which is why you should make sure to remove Hybrid and Vapoursynth completely.

Cu Selur
(07.07.2020, 20:25)Selur Wrote: Okay.
And since I only look at the debug outputs of the latest release, that's as far as I go there.

My advice would be to:
b. since you are on a Debian based system, use the latest Hybrid Linux64bit package (with base tools and most dependencies).
If the Vapoursynth Preview fails, it should show  some error which might help to figure out what is going wrong.
If you use the latest version and the Vapoursynth Preview does work, try encoding again and in case it fails, create a debug output level 9 of the job processing.

My guess is that the problem is the Vapoursynth setup and the usage of 'vsfilters_env.sh' which was removed in newer versions, which is why you should make sure to remove Hybrid and Vapoursynth completely.

Cu Selur

Wow that was fast. Okay I will do that right away.
(07.07.2020, 20:25)Selur Wrote: Okay.

My advice would be to:
If the Vapoursynth Preview fails, it should show  some error which might help to figure out what is going wrong.

Cu Selur
Still no dice. 
https://pastebin.com/YxwgbtZA
Tells me xxx.stats was not created. I do see an error in the log 

y4m [error] bad sequence header magic
Okay, I figured out that using any Vapoursynth filters causes the crash.
Just tried the same exact thing on windows, same behavior with the same files, latest version.

https://del.dog/windowshybrid
The Vapoursynth script itself looks fine to me:
# Imports
import os
import sys
import ctypes
# Loading Support Files
Dllref = ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libfftw3f-3.dll")
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = 'C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsscripts'
sys.path.append(os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/VagueDenoiser/VagueDenoiser.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/CTMF/CTMF.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/HQDN3D/libhqdn3d.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DeblockFilter/Deblock/Deblock.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/AddGrain/AddGrain.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/NEO_FFT3DFilter/neo-fft3d.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/DFTTest/DFTTest.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/EEDI3.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ResizeFilter/nnedi3/vsznedi3.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libmvtools.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/temporalsoften.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/scenechange.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/fmtconv.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/LSmashSource/vslsmashsource.dll")
# Import scripts
import havsfunc
# input color space: YUV420P8, bit depth: 8, resolution: 720x576, fps: 25
# Loading Z:\raid\remuxs\LWVL\title_t01.mkv using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="Z:/raid/remuxs/LWVL/title_t01.mkv", format="YUV420P8", cache=0, prefer_hw=0)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 470bg
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="470bg",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 25
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# setting field order to what QTGMC should assume
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=2)
# Deinterlacing using QTGMC
clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Slower", TFF=True)
# make sure content is preceived as frame based
clip = core.std.SetFieldBased(clip, 0)
clip = clip[::2]
# Deblocking using Deblock
# applying delocking using Deblock
clip = core.deblock.Deblock(clip=clip)
# converting to mod1 compatible format
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV444P8, range_s="limited")
# cropping the video to 690x552
clip = core.std.CropRel(clip=clip, left=15, right=15, top=12, bottom=12)
# removing grain using TemporalDegrain
clip = havsfunc.TemporalDegrain(inpClip=clip)
# denoising using VagueDenoiser
clip = core.vd.VagueDenoiser(clip=clip)
# adjusting output color from: YUV444P8 to YUV420P8 for x264Model (i420)
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P8, range_s="limited")
# Output
clip.set_output()
but the encoding call:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\Vapoursynth\vspipe.exe" "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\encodingTempSynthSkript_16_58_12_2710.vpy" - --y4m | "C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\x264.exe" --preset slower --crf 21.00 --profile high --level 4.1 --sync-lookahead 24 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --sar 16:15 --qpfile "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\lwvl_16_58_12_2710_03.qp" --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt709 --demuxer y4m  --input-range tv --fps 25/1 --output-depth 8 --output "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\16_58_12_2710_04.264" -
fails with:
y4m [error]: bad sequence header magic
x264 [error]: could not open input file `-'
which indicates a problem with the decoding.

Vapoursynth problems might be due to a bug in the Vapoursynth script, a problem with reading or decoding the source or something totally different. Smile

-> Basically the same request as before: Check the Vapoursynth Preview.

Cu Selur
On my fresh Windows install of the 2020.06.21.1 version I tracked this down to the Vapoursynth script trying to load neo-fft3d.dll (although I don't think I was using it), but the /64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/NEO_FFT3DFilter did not exist. When I manually added the folder and file I then had havsfunc (for QTGMC) fail at line 1258 because it was trying to load FFT3DFilter, which was not being loaded in the Vapoursynth script. So Under Filtering > Vapoursynth > Custom I added a core.std.LoadPlugin command to load the /64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/FFT3DFilter/fft3dfilter.dll plugin. Then the encoder ran fine with the Vapoursynth processing.
Argh,.. I forgot to add NEO_FFT3DFilter to the installer. Confused
Sorry. Smile

Cu Selur