This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cant rewind video after conversion to HEVC using nvEnc
I have whole series in avi from same encoder wich i try convert to h265 using NvEnc. After conversion i cant scroll through the video (cant rewind it).video plays from beggining but when rewind it stops playing.

I attach debug output.

When i convert this videos using format factory it plays normally and rewinds normally.But i takes very long to convert videos to h265 because no cuda support.
Will look at the debug output once I am home.
Did you used closed GOP? Does this happen in MPC-HC and VLC? Dies this happen when FFmpeg is used instead of MP4Box ?
Mp4box.I dont even know what is closed gop dont changed anything.I play mpc-hc using k lite mega codeck pack.
'closed gop' used is when 'gop size max' is anything but 0. Smile
-> Setting 'gop size max' to something like 10*'frame rate of the input' will probably fix the problem for you.

Cu Selur
Thanks. Thats works now.
Background: A bunch of player&decoder combinations do not support open gop properly. Smile
-> From what I can tell this is not a bug in Hybrid, but a feature missing in the player, decoder combination.

Cu Selur