This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Audio/video out of sync in output
(01.08.2020, 09:27)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Is there anything I need to change in Hybrid previously used for NTSC to encode PAL?
NTSC -> PAL is mainly:
a. adjusting the resolution
b. adjusting the frame rate
the only tricky part is the decision on how to adjust the frame rate.
Personally I would either:
a. just change the frame rate and reencode the audio (stretching the audio without reencoding is also possible when using a mkv container)
b. interpolate the missing frames to compensate the higher frame rate and leave the audio as it is.

Another idea: The problem might be with handling the avi container. -> does it help to remux the container to mkv using MKVToolnix before reencoding it?

Cu Selur
Sorry, I meant just for encoding to x264. Framerate and resolution were adjusted for capture using virtualdub.
The other 4 PAL AVIs (45m files) I have encoded so far seem to be fine. Does it help if I reencode the faulty one (1h 25m file) and provide the logs?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audio/video out of sync in output - by retractOffer - 01.08.2020, 10:28