This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Audio/video out of sync in output
I'm noticing some ghosting effect (especially visible around body outline) in the decinterlaced footage. Is there something I can set in hybrid to solve that?
I read online that the following script worked for someone

AviSource("ExampleJan19SourceNo2.avi")
AssumeTFF()
ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)
Yadif(order=1, mode=1) # or QTGMC()
SelectEven()
TDecimate()

which was originally using

DirectshowSource("C:\New Folder\Source.avi")
TFM()
TDecimate(Mode=1)
QTGMC( Preset="Slow" )
SelectEven()
LanczosResize(640,480)
AssumeFPS(23.976)

Can this be translated to settings in Hybrid?
If the content is telecined: use TIVTC, if the content has ghosting, using sRestrore might helpt
If your content is interlaced: use QTGMC, using sRestrore might helpt
If your content is mixed: use QTGMC, using sRestrore might helpt

Quote:Can this be translated to settings in Hybrid?
Not unless you know your way around Avisynth and use the Custom option.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Using DirectShowSource usually a BAD idea.
(09.08.2020, 13:27)Selur Wrote: If the content is telecined: use TIVTC, if the content has ghosting, using sRestrore might helpt
If your content is interlaced: use QTGMC, using sRestrore might helpt
If your content is mixed: use QTGMC, using sRestrore might helpt
Thanks. I tried all the combinations of omode with modes 2 and 3 (18 combinations) and none of them did anything for the halo/ring effect. Any ideas?
Also, what is the difference between halo and ring? I also tried different combinations of DeHalo and DeRing from the DeHalo/-Ring tab to no avail.
Quote:none of them did anything for the halo/ring effect
naturally since, none of them is a dehalo or deringing filter and both are not ghosting.

Quote:Also, what is the difference between halo and ring?
Halo: additional outline
Ringing: additional 'specs'

Quote:I also tried different combinations of DeHalo and DeRing from the DeHalo/-Ring tab to no avail.
Both dehalo and deringing often does require for the filter to be adjusted to the source, so simply switching between filter combinations might not have much of an effect.
-> can't give any recommendations without a sample that shows the problem

Cu Selur
(10.08.2020, 04:34)Selur Wrote:
Quote:none of them did anything for the halo/ring effect
naturally since, none of them is a dehalo or deringing filter and both are not ghosting.

Quote:Also, what is the difference between halo and ring?
Halo: additional outline
Ringing: additional 'specs'

Quote:I also tried different combinations of DeHalo and DeRing from the DeHalo/-Ring tab to no avail.
Both dehalo and deringing often does require for the filter to be adjusted to the source, so simply switching between filter combinations might not have much of an effect.
-> can't give any recommendations without a sample that shows the problem

Cu Selur
Thank you for your response. I have PM'd you the sample. It's worth noting the halo effect is present in the original lossless footage to begin with.
The problem of the sample you send me is not halos, ringing, it's a interlaced raw video (BAD idea) and whoever captured this didn't make a decent job, this should be recaptured.
Without a totally manual script I see no hope to remove those rainbow ghosting whatever artifacts.
-> get a better source

Cu Selur

Ps.: May be someone over at videohelp.com has a suggestion to recover this, but in my opinion there is no way to fix this properly.
(10.08.2020, 18:05)Selur Wrote: The problem of the sample you send me is not halos, ringing, it's a interlaced raw video (BAD idea) and whoever captured this didn't make a decent job, this should be recaptured.
Without a totally manual script I see no hope to remove those rainbow ghosting whatever artifacts.
-> get a better source

Cu Selur

Ps.: May be someone over at videohelp.com has a suggestion to recover this, but in my opinion there is no way to fix this properly.
Thank you for your response. I captured the tapes myself. I am down to recapture (over 40 VHS-C tapes), but what should I avoid this time? I have captured using both virtualdub and amarectv with many setting combinations. Finally I had to choose amarectv because it did not have any a/v sync issue. I used the camcorder that recorded the tapes for playback and used the ATI-600 as the capture device.
I read online that the "Digital Noise Reduction" in some VCRs causes ghosting. This option was enabled on the camcorder, so I will disable it and retest, but any other suggestions?
I'm no expert in capturing, best post the sample and ask for help over at forum.videohelp.com, there are a few users there which often and some even as their job digitalize content and usually can tell you what to do and what problem might there be with your equipment or method of capturing.

Cu Selur
(11.08.2020, 04:29)Selur Wrote: I'm no expert in capturing, best post the sample and ask for help over at forum.videohelp.com, there are a few users there which often and some even as their job digitalize content and usually can tell you what to do and what problem might there be with your equipment or method of capturing.

Cu Selur
Will do. Thanks. By the way, is there an app like Hybrid for x265?
Quote:By the way, is there an app like Hybrid for x265?
Hybrid does support x265.
Other than Hybrid there are tools like MeGui, StaxRip, which support different output formats and Avisynth/Vapoursynth.
Then there are also Handbrake (and different GUIs for it like Vidcoder) and there are also a bunch of FFmpeg based GUIs, problem with those are that they don't support usually allow the usage of Avisynth/Vapoursynth.

Cu Selur