This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Esxi running macos For selur
So conversions will only be done if the following filter does not support the current bit depth or color sampling.
In your scenario:
10 bit source -> 32 bit TimeCube -> 32/16 bit color correction -> 32/16 bit noise Reduction -> 32 bit resize -> export to 12 or 10 bit video file.
Hybrid would take the 10bit source convert it to RGB30 since it's the 'nearest' to the supported formats of TimeCube.
Depending on what the Denoiser supports Hybrid will either:
a. keep the current color format and bit depth
b. convert to one that is supported by the noise reduction filter
Depending on what format the noise reduction outputs Hybrid will either:
a. keep the current color format and bit depth
b. convert to one that is supported by the resize filter
then at the end of the queue Hybrid will convert to the output format the video encoder expects.
So wether you got a mainly 32bit/16bit/12bit/10bit/9bit/8bit filter chain depends on the filter choice of the user.
Blindly upsampling any source to 32bit RGB doesn't make sense since:
a. conversion between RGB<>YUV is relatively slow
b. not all filters all color formats

As far as I can tell Hybrid does the conversion thing correctly, so the problems you describe do not seem like a bug in Hybrid more like a bug in Vapoursynth or TimeCube. Since http://www.vapoursynth.com/doc/functions/levels.html does not mention any color space restrictions Hybrid assumes that Levels and all it's options work fine on all color spaces in Vapoursynth. If the developers of Vapoursynth say this is not the cause and the documentation should mention that 'gamma' only works of YUV-color spaces, I can adjust Hybrid to make sure Levels is always fed with YUV color spaces, but until then I'm not changing Hybrid to blindly add color conversions.

Cu Selur
btw. I'm planning to install a new VM where I'll try to use brew to build some of the tools and then try to make them portable (tool + dependencies in lib-folder) using otool and install_name_tool,...
Whats the photoline graphic editor is that on hybrid?
Will this allow me to fix brightness and contrast along with color in shadows, mids and highlights, like in a linear editor?
Hybrid is no NLE like DaVinci Resolve or a tools specifically meant for color grading.
It does have some filters in Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color, but that's it.

I assume when you write of 'photoline' you are referring to https://www.pl32.com/ which I have never used so no clue what you are trying to do. Smile
Unlike Avisynth, Vapoursynth atm. has no filters like : or similar filters and from the looks of it there isn't much development done in that sort of direction.
I'm guessing GradCurve (https://github.com/xekon/GradCurve) might be along the lines of what you are looking for but I have never used it and I have no how it works. From the looks of it it needs to be fed with a curve-file, but it doesn't come with a tool to create the curves,...

Cu Selur
Okay, brew seems a bug.
I set up a new VM then called:
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)"
which seems to start good, but then it got stuck,...
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)"
Password:
==> This script will install:
/usr/local/bin/brew
/usr/local/share/doc/homebrew
/usr/local/share/man/man1/brew.1
/usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions/_brew
/usr/local/etc/bash_completion.d/brew
/usr/local/Homebrew
==> The following new directories will be created:
/usr/local/bin
/usr/local/etc
/usr/local/include
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/sbin
/usr/local/share
/usr/local/var
/usr/local/opt
/usr/local/share/zsh
/usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions
/usr/local/var/homebrew
/usr/local/var/homebrew/linked
/usr/local/Cellar
/usr/local/Caskroom
/usr/local/Homebrew
/usr/local/Frameworks
==> The Xcode Command Line Tools will be installed.

Press RETURN to continue or any other key to abort
==> /usr/bin/sudo /bin/mkdir -p /usr/local/bin /usr/local/etc /usr/local/include /usr/local/lib /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/share /usr/local/var /usr/local/opt /usr/local/share/zsh /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions /usr/local/var/homebrew /usr/local/var/homebrew/linked /usr/local/Cellar /usr/local/Caskroom /usr/local/Homebrew /usr/local/Frameworks
==> /usr/bin/sudo /bin/chmod g+rwx /usr/local/bin /usr/local/etc /usr/local/include /usr/local/lib /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/share /usr/local/var /usr/local/opt /usr/local/share/zsh /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions /usr/local/var/homebrew /usr/local/var/homebrew/linked /usr/local/Cellar /usr/local/Caskroom /usr/local/Homebrew /usr/local/Frameworks
==> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/chown selur /usr/local/bin /usr/local/etc /usr/local/include /usr/local/lib /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/share /usr/local/var /usr/local/opt /usr/local/share/zsh /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions /usr/local/var/homebrew /usr/local/var/homebrew/linked /usr/local/Cellar /usr/local/Caskroom /usr/local/Homebrew /usr/local/Frameworks
==> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/chgrp admin /usr/local/bin /usr/local/etc /usr/local/include /usr/local/lib /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/share /usr/local/var /usr/local/opt /usr/local/share/zsh /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions /usr/local/var/homebrew /usr/local/var/homebrew/linked /usr/local/Cellar /usr/local/Caskroom /usr/local/Homebrew /usr/local/Frameworks
==> /usr/bin/sudo /bin/mkdir -p /Users/selur/Library/Caches/Homebrew
==> /usr/bin/sudo /bin/chmod g+rwx /Users/selur/Library/Caches/Homebrew
==> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/chown selur /Users/selur/Library/Caches/Homebrew
==> Searching online for the Command Line Tools
==> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/touch /tmp/.com.apple.dt.CommandLineTools.installondemand.in-progress
==> Installing Command Line Tools for Xcode-12.0
==> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/softwareupdate -i Command\ Line\ Tools\ for\ Xcode-12.0
Software Update Tool

Downloading Command Line Tools for Xcode
Downloaded Command Line Tools for Xcode
Installing Command Line Tools for Xcode
Now it seemes to be stuck,...
The normal system updates showed that they wanted to install an XCode Update and the Command Line Tools, but after the the installation nothing happened,..
So since nothing happened for 12min or so, I opened XCode which then started to install components. Sadly that didn't help.
looking at 'top' it seems like 'update_dyld_' is running,...
-> I'll wait an hour and see if something happens, but atm. it seems like a bad idea try to install brew.
(hopefully I won't have to reinstall another VM again,..)

Cu Selur

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

These developer  stuff os huge. Maybe takes awhile to install?
Yeah, seems to be (https://discourse.brew.sh/t/stuck-at-dow...de/7311/11),...
no progress indication is kind of bad,..
-> I'll wait and see
(17.09.2020, 14:50)Selur Wrote: Hybrid is no NLE like DaVinci Resolve or a tools specifically meant for color grading.
It does have some filters in Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color, but that's it.

I assume when you write of 'photoline' you are referring to https://www.pl32.com/ which I have never used so no clue what you are trying to do. Smile
Unlike Avisynth, Vapoursynth atm. has no filters like : or similar filters and from the looks of it there isn't much development done in that sort of direction.
I'm guessing GradCurve (https://github.com/xekon/GradCurve) might be along the lines of what you are looking for but I have never used it and I have no how it works. From the looks of it it needs to be fed with a curve-file, but it doesn't come with a tool to create the curves,...

Cu Selur

ok just wondering what shijan was using. Never saw that tab before.

i plan on installing resolve eventually to fix horrible color and brightness issues in the future.
Not sure DaVinci Resolve can do what you want, but looking for NLE tools is probably the right direction.

Cu Selur
Can i say.
That ever since you added waifu2x 

It is to my knowledge, the only gui direct video to video all in one solution for processing animation thru waifu2x on a mac, with no middle step in between.

Selur

Thank you so so much.