This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Esxi running macos For selur
(22.09.2020, 18:11)shijan Wrote:
(20.09.2020, 18:16)l33tmeatwad Wrote: One thing I would recommend trying, I've added a shortcut from the /usr/local/lib/vapoursynth path to the framework one, I'd recommend installing to that path as it should install for both users that installed via brew or compiled themselves and vs installer.  I would double check, but the link should force it to forward the files to the framework the vs installer sets up (only for vs r52 or newer)
Still can't get it where to install but that shortcut looks like this:
[Image: 4e9kVVj.jpg]
I'm confused by what you're asking?  What can't you do?
Change installer to install filters to /usr/local/lib/vapoursynth ?
And that shortcut will probably transfer them to /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth ?
(22.09.2020, 19:19)shijan Wrote: Change installer to install filters to /usr/local/lib/vapoursynth ?
And that shortcut will probably transfer them to /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth ?
It should theoretically, but needs to be tested.
As a side note:
I plan that once Vapoursynth supports disabling the autoloading, Hybrid will:
a. by default disable auto-loading in the scripts it generates
b. be shipped with the filters and scripts used by it.
c. explicitly load the filters and scripts it uses (same way it does in Windows)

Not sure when 'disablong autoloading' will make it to the main Vapoursynth branch, atm. myrsloik only played with this in the doodle1-branch, so it probably isn't something that will come too quickly.

Cu Selur
(22.09.2020, 20:48)l33tmeatwad Wrote:
(22.09.2020, 19:19)shijan Wrote: Change installer to install filters to /usr/local/lib/vapoursynth ?
It should theoretically, but needs to be tested.
Seems your idea works.
Here is test installer usr-local-lib-vapoursynth test.pkg It installs dotkill64.dylib to /usr/local/lib/vapoursynth https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

The only problem with this concept is Waifu2x-w2xc filter. It installs additional components into 4 different locations and will not work like this.

As i know there is an option in macOS installers to select different installation "choices" for same items. This may help to add different paths to same components depending of selection, or add choice to install All plugins or Hybrid only plugins. But i can't figure yet how to adjust this customized installer in Packages yet.
Quote:The only problem with this concept is Waifu2x-w2xc filter.
Same should be true for all filters with their own models or support files that need to lie next to the library.
(Waifu2x-w2xc, Waifu2x-nvk/cnn, SRMD, NNEDI3/NNEDI3CL/ZNEDI3)

Cu Selur
models folders and nnedi3_weights.bin are located in same folder as plugins, so it is not a problem. But Waifu2x-w2xc is special:
Quote:Install Instructions:
1. Copy the contents of the Plugin folder to the VapourSynth Autoload directory*.
2. Copy the contents of the Library folder to the Library directory**.
3. (Optional) Copy the contents of the Executable folder to the Executable directory*** & copy the waifu2x-converter-cpp folder inside the shared folder to /usr/local/shared
4. (Optional) Run the following command to add a symbolic link for the converter exectuable so that it will run from any directory in terminal:
sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/bin/waifu2x-converter-cpp /usr/local/bin/waifu2x-converter-cpp

*VapourSynth Autoload directory is /usr/local/lib/vapoursynth for manual installs but is /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth for those that used the VapourSynth Installer.
**Library directory is /usr/local/lib for manual installs but is /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib for those that used the VapourSynth Installer.
***Executable directory is /usr/local/bin for manual installs but is /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/bin for those that used the VapourSynth Installer.
Are you sure this is necessary?
At least on Linux and Windows it's enough to have the folders next to the library.

Cu Selur
I don't know how all those components work and what does waifu2x-converter-cpp. I just followed a manual that comes with Waifu2x-w2xc.
-> try moving the folders next to the library and see if it works Smile
(I suspect it will.)