This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Esxi running macos For selur
that's a typo 'clip2clip0core' should be 'clip2clip, field=0, core'
so the correct line would be:
clip2clip = core.tdm.TDeintMod(clip=clip2clip, field=0, core.znedi3.nnedi3(clip=clip, field=0))
Quote:Levels Gamma + TimeCube together produce some strange results:
Do you see a mistake in the script?
If not, than it's not a bug in Hybrid.
Also without details that actually allow to reproduce the issue I won't even try to reproduce this.
Like last time when you didn't mention at all that you use a high bit depth source and I spend an evening searching for a bug that I couldn't find,...

btw. uploaded a new version to GoogleDrive which should fix the x264&Xvid tab glitch.

Cu Selur
I just didn't know before that high bit depth can make a difference. When i figure that there is a difference between 8 bit and 10 bit source i reported to you.

In new version disableIcons=true in misc.ini don't works anymore Sad 
Icon sizes now affected by fontSize= in misc.ini
Quote:In new version disableIcons=true in misc.ini don't works anymore
that is intended, hence the name 'Hybrid_no_button_text',....

Quote:Icon sizes now affected by fontSize= in misc.ini
that also is intended.
Changing the font size should resize the whole gui,.. it's a work in progress,..
Ok, i can confirm that in new version there is no problem with x264&Xvid tabs appearance on my system as well.

Hybrid_no_button_text, i got it, but hope it is not a permanent change? Plain icons images still look rather small and less comfortable to locate and press compare to basic buttons with text.

UI have a lot of free space to fit wider buttons, so tiny icons will not help to save space.

Some icons consists of two elements and determined by the eye as two separate buttons. But it is a different story, it is always possible to redraw them somehow...
How many buttons are you see here? 7 or 8? Where to press? Smile
[Image: onvrtmi.jpg]

Seems only 5 buttons here and a lot of area to hover mouse button and press it:
[Image: rCbB3Dr.jpg]

In Hybrid there is large and nuanced system of actions and in many places multiple icons arrays are rather confusing and hard to understand. Same time text descriptions for buttons are perfectly written. (I only noticed "Save/Save Same" aka "Save As.../Save" confusion, but both variations works well and don't produce any confusion in understanding)

Icons works well for basic well defined actions. Or when icon defined some tool (like tools in graphic/3d/cad and apps) For example PayPal donate icon/image in main tab looks nice and easy to understand...
Quote:Some icons consists of two elements and determined by the eye as two separate buttons. But it is a different story, it is always possible to redraw them somehow...
How many buttons are you see here? 7 or 8?
May be I'll add an option to keep the borders around the buttons.

Quote:Where to press?
You should not blindly click on stuff.
If you don't know what a button does, why not simply read the help text in the side bar (or the tool-tip in case those are used) ?

Quote:UI have a lot of free space to fit wider buttons, so tiny icons will not help to save space.
not really true for the 'Jobs->Queue'-tab.

Personally I prefer the buttons without text, so I would not count on the text buttons appearing again.

Cu Selur
Since I'm trying the snapshot feature again, I uploaded my current dev version to the google drive.
Okay, the snapshot functionality is broken.
I shutdown the VM, told esxi to create a new snapshot, it reported no problem.
So when trying to start the vm up again I get the info that the 'MacOS-000001.vmdk' is broken. Sad
Quote:'msg.hbacommon.corruptredo:The redo log of 'MacOS-000001.vmdk' is corrupted. If the problem persists, discard the redo log.
So I'll be setting up the VM again,..
I was researching this error

Some people have mentioned not enough space on the datastore (main drive)?

I have zero clue why the snapshot thing is giving you an issue.

You could try using time machine built into mac, and save a backup on an external, and you can restore from time machine.

Resolution
To avoid this issue, follow the best practices:
  • Ensure that the virtual machines are not running on snapshot when a storage snapshot is taken. 

• Perform storage array or filer snapshots during times when virtual machines snapshots are less likely to happen 

• Restore virtual machines from snapshot LUN that were taken when the virtual machines were either powered off or when there were no snapshots runinng on VM. 

• Minimize the frequency of storage array or filer snapshots to have lesser overlap with manual or backup initiated VM snapshots.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2147276
Even if there was not enough data space creating the snapshot should abort and not destroy the existing vm. :/
So in ~2hrs I should be back at a clean Mac OS.