This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Avisynth: TDecimate missing parameters, like dupThresh?
Question 
On the (De-)Interlace/Telecine tab for Avisynth, TDecimate in Hybrid supports modes 0, 1, and 2 (out of the seven modes). Mode 1 uses the dupThresh parameter for duplicate frame detection. But there is no setting for this in Hybrid.

It seems like it should be added, and greyed unless the Mode is set to 1 for TDetelecine.

It also seems like Mode 7 should be supported, along with the vidThresh parameter, again greyed unless Mode is set to 7.

Finally, there are a number of advanced parameters which it seems like Hybrid should be able to support, like maxndl, chroma, denoise, blockx, blocky, and sceneThresh.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/TIVTC/TDecimate
Not really planning to add those options to Avisynth any time soon.
First thing on my general ToDo atm. is a working MacOS release.
Looking at the documentation over at
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/TIVTC/TDecimate
I'm not really motivated to add all those advanced options of TDecimate, would require a lot of code for stuff most folks don't use and shouldn't need.

-> if you need it soon, best write your scripts outside of Hybrid or use another tool.

Cu Selur
Hopefully some time in the future! These settings come into play when dealing with anime (usually). Smile

You may want to consider at least adding dupThresh in the meantime. Wink
Maybe some of those missing options somehow related to recent problem with jagged artifacts on progressive frames? https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?t...88#pid8888
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=181805
For anime, you might want to look into AnimeIVTC,...
(03.09.2020, 23:53)The_Tinkerer Wrote: Hopefully some time in the future! These settings come into play when dealing with anime (usually). Smile

You may want to consider at least adding dupThresh in the meantime. Wink

A quick way for removing duplicated frames fast and easy is to use DAIN. You can insert your clip in DAIN, perform 1st step (which will remove duplicated frames and save your clip as PNG-sequence) and that's all. It takes seconds and really easy to use. Don't forget to set your PNG compression to 0 in DAIN though.
(04.09.2020, 04:41)Selur Wrote: For anime, you might want to look into AnimeIVTC,...

Thanks so much for adding the options, I see them in the dev build now. That took time to write and I really appreciate that. Wink

Is AnimeIVTC only supported as a custom filter? I see that it's in Hybrid in C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\Avisynth\avisynthPlugins\AnimeIVTC.avsi, but I don't see any front-end config settings for it Hybrid.

You have the 64 bit AviSynth + plugins included in the Hybrid install now. But I don't see a way to access it from within Hybrid. You had said here that if the 64 bit Avisynth archive was present under C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\Avisynth\, then Hybrid would show "Avisynth+ is available" in the log tab and it would be using 64 bit Avisynth. The latest dev version does say that in the log, but it appears to be using only 32 bit Avisynth. (It doesn't report "Avisynth plugin path".) If I set "Support" to "AviSynth" then load a file and click the previewer, it loads the 32 bit avsviewer. Is there a special setting somewhere to get it to show 64 bit plugins, or is that something that's yet to be developed and 64 bit Avisynth only works via Custom right now?

OK, I see to enable 64 bit AviSynth, you go to the Config tab -> Internals Tab -> Avisynth section, and change "Avisynth type" to "64bit". It does appear to work for processing files, but the 64 bit previewer doesn't work. When trying to preview, it gives an error, "Avisynth preview error: -> Cannot load a 64 bit DLL in 32 bit Avisynth: 'C:/PROGRA~1/Hybrid/64bit/Avisynth/AVISYN~1/ffms2.dll'".

So again, I take it AnimeIVTC is only via custom filter for now, right? Is there a sample script with all the dependencies specified (LoadPlugin / LoadCPlugin / LoadDLL / Import / etc.) for easy copy/paste?
Yes, Anime IVTC isn't supported through the GUI

Quote: It does appear to work for processing files, but the 64 bit previewer doesn't work. When trying to preview, it gives an error, "Avisynth preview error: -> Cannot load a 64 bit DLL in 32 bit Avisynth: 'C:/PROGRA~1/Hybrid/64bit/Avisynth/AVISYN~1/ffms2.dll'".
Problem is that Hybrid doesn't properly switch to the 64bit avsViewer.exe and is till using the 32bit avsViewer.exe.
-> I'll look into it.

Cu Selur
Quote:So again, I take it AnimeIVTC is only via custom filter for now, right? Is there a sample script with all the dependencies specified (LoadPlugin / LoadCPlugin / LoadDLL / Import / etc.) for easy copy/paste?
yes -> AnimeIVTC isn't supported through the GUI atm.
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AnimeIVTC lists the filters AnimeIVTC potentially uses. Wink
-> I wish you luck.

Cu Selur
Luck I will need. I'm a very low level tinkerer.  Tongue

So, in the 09/05 development version of Hybrid, it appears custom AviSynth scripts are completely broken. Entering ANY custom AviSynth script actually cause Hybrid itself to crash.

Faulting application name: Hybrid.exe, version: 2020.9.5.0, time stamp: 0x5f53ce76
Faulting module name: Hybrid.exe, version: 2020.9.5.0, time stamp: 0x5f53ce76
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000ba9f8a
Faulting process id: 0x188c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d683d931c785d6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Hybrid\Hybrid.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Hybrid\Hybrid.exe
Report Id: eebcc4f9-efcc-11ea-9f64-0050560b8935

I had left it on regular 32 bit Avisynth.

So I reverted to Hybrid 2020.07.20.1 to try to get AnimeIVTC to work.

AnimeIVTC uses some 32 bit only AviSynth plugins (like LimitedSharpenFasterMod.avs), so it has to run out of C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins. So, I copied AnimeIVTC.avs there.

After a lot of trial and error, I finally got the following custom script to work (inserted before "Deinterlace"):

LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\LoadDll.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\TIVTC.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\TDeint.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\TMM2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\nnedi3.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\EEDI2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\eedi3.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\yadifmod2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\RgTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\masktools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\vinverse.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\MedianBlur2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\Average.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\GRunT.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\ReduceFlicker.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\SangNom2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\Toon-v1.1.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\VariableBlur.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\warpsharp.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\aWarpsharpMT.dll")
LoadDLL("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\libfftw3f-3.dll")
LoadCPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\yadif.dll")
LoadCPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\ffms2.dll")
Import("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\QTGMC.avsi")
Import("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\SMDegrain.avsi")
Import("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\Zs_RF_Shared.avsi")
Import("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\Srestore.avsi")
Import("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\LimitedSharpenFasterMod.avs")
Import("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\Daa3.avsi")
Import("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\AnimeIVTC.avsi")
AnimeIVTC(mode=4, omode=1, killcomb=3)

I haven't tried playing with other settings of AnimeIVTC yet.

All files are already present in Hybrid EXCEPT for Daa3.avsi. I had to to download that to C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\Daa3.avsi. It appears daamod.avs already included in Hybrid is supposed to be better, but it is not backwards compatible with Daa3.avsi. I could not figure out how (of if it is possible) to make AnimeIVTC work with daamod.avs.