This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to identify files with MPV,...
From time to time I play with the thought to drop mplayer/mencoder in favor for mpv.
MPlayer atm. is used in Hybrid to:
  • analyse the input
  • provide crop preview
  • provide normal Preview
  • provide subitle Preview
  • handle DVD input when neither Avisynth nor Vapoursynth are used

So starting with the 'analyse the input', I tried to figure out how to get mpv to report data about the input.
To collect data about normal files one can use:
mpv.com --term-playing-msg="XXX" --vo=null --ao=null --frames=1 --quiet --no-cache --no-config "PATH TO FILE"
To collect data about DVD one can use:
mpv.com --term-playing-msg="XXX" --vo=null --ao=null --frames=1 --quiet --no-cache --no-config dvd://[title] --dvd-device="F:\TestClips&Co\discs\DVDs\TestDVD"
To collect data about Blu-rays one can use:
mpv.com --term-playing-msg="XXX" --vo=null --ao=null --frames=1 --quiet --no-cache --no-config bd://[title] --bluray-device="F:\TestClips&Co\discs\BDs\TestBD"
the important part now is on how to specify the XXX
Here's how it looks atm:
"Filename: ${filename}\nPath: ${path}\nStart: ${stream-start}\nEnd: ${stream-end}\nLength: ${stream-length}\nDemuxer: ${demuxer}\nContainer length: ${length}\nChapters: ${chapters}\nEditions: ${editions}\nTitles: ${titles}\nDuration: ${duration}\nAudio: ${audio}\nAudio bitrate: ${audio-bitrate}\nAudio codec: ${audio-codec}\nAudio codec name: ${audio-codec-name}\nVideo: ${video}\nAngle: ${angle}Video bitrate: ${video-bitrate}\nVideo codec: ${video-codec}\nVideo format: ${video-format}\nVideo aspect ratio: ${video-aspect-override}\nContainer fps: ${container-fps}\nWidth: ${width}\nHeight: ${height}\nDisplay Width: ${dwidth}\nDisplay Height: ${dheight}\n\nSubtitles: ${sub}\nTracks: ${track-list}\nChapters:\n${chapter-list}"
here a bit more readable: ('\n' replaced by new line)
Filename: ${filename}
Path: ${path}
Start: ${stream-start}
End: ${stream-end}
Length: ${stream-length}
Demuxer: ${demuxer}
Container length: ${length}
Chapters: ${chapters}
Editions: ${editions}
Titles: ${titles}
Duration: ${duration}
Audio: ${audio}
Audio bitrate: ${audio-bitrate}
Audio codec: ${audio-codec}
Audio codec name: ${audio-codec-name}
Video: ${video}
Angle: ${angle}Video bitrate: ${video-bitrate}
Video codec: ${video-codec}
Video format: ${video-format}
Video aspect ratio: ${video-aspect-override}
Container fps: ${container-fps}
Width: ${width}
Height: ${height}
Display Width: ${dwidth}
Display Height: ${dheight}

Subtitles: ${sub}
Tracks: ${track-list}
Chapters:\n${chapter-list}
see: https://mpv.io/manual/master/#property-expansion and https://mpv.io/manual/master/#property-list

atm. I have no clue how to get mpv to:
Cu Selur

Ps.: this is mainly to a let others know how this could be done and also keep track of what I found so far, so that I don't have to search my notes on where I was,..