This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

x.264 t_mod upgrade
Is the t_mod upgrade of x.264 supported for Vapoursynth and Avisynth inside Hybrid?

This is the upgrade I speak of:

[color= var(--text-link)]jpsdr/x264[/color]

It apparently includes new updated functionality for many of the filters.

Thanks!

Garo
I don't see any overview what is different from this version to the normal x264.
So it' hard to tell if anything would break by simply replacing the x264.exe with the x264 t_mod build.
If it's just a fprofiled build, then replacing the binary should be no problem.
If parameters changed, it might cause problems.

Cu Selur
(21.09.2020, 21:16)Selur Wrote: I don't see any overview what is different from this version to the normal x264.
So it' hard to tell if anything would break by simply replacing the x264.exe with the x264 t_mod build.
If it's just a fprofiled build, then replacing the binary should be no problem.
If parameters changed, it might cause problems.

Cu Selur

Well I was told that it was required to support these settings: (perhaps some are new? the aq3? aq boundry?)

--crf 15.0000 --no-8x8dct --partitions all --chroma-qp-offset -4 --profile high10 --deblock 0:-1 --ref 16 --no-mbtree --psy-rd

0.82:0.00 --merange 32 --subme 10 --me umh --trellis 2 --no-dct-decimate --bframes 16 --b-adapt 2 --direct auto --subme

10 --no-fast-pskip --keyint 240 --min-keyint 24 --rc-lookahead 60 --partitions all --qcomp 0.75 --ref 16 --aq-mode 3 --aq-

strength 0.85 --aq2-strength 0.88 --aq2-sensitivity 17.00 --aq3-mode 4 --aq3-strength 0.8 --aq3-sensitivity 10.00 --aq3-

boundary 768:256:96 --output-depth 10

Well, I am not certain.  I was hoping to find these settings in the menus in hybrid rather than be forced to use batchfile and script.

Are the aq3 setting already part of the Hybrid Vapoursynth settings? I think these are the only ones that I was uncertain about.

Let me know if you can perhaps guide me on this. Thank you!

Garo
"--aq2-strength 0.88 --aq2-sensitivity 17.00 --aq3-mode 4 --aq3-strength 0.8 --aq3-sensitivity 10.00 --aq3-boundary 768:256:96"
are all non standard setting, and Hybrid has no gui element to set them, you can still use Hybrid however and set them under "x264->Misc->Imports/Additions->Addition"
(this option was added precisely for this, to manually add command line arguments which are only supported by special builds).

Cu Selur
(21.09.2020, 21:35)Selur Wrote: "--aq2-strength 0.88 --aq2-sensitivity 17.00 --aq3-mode 4 --aq3-strength 0.8 --aq3-sensitivity 10.00 --aq3-boundary 768:256:96"
are all non standard setting, and Hybrid has no gui element to set them, you can still use Hybrid however and set them under "x264->Misc->Imports/Additions->Addition"
(this option was added precisely for this, to manually add command line arguments which are only supported by special builds).

Cu Selur
 Ok. But can I update the build for use inside Hybrid? I know these are basic questions and I apologize for this, but I enjoy Hybrid and would like to avoid destroying my setup. lol

Can I just place/replace the updated x264_x86.exe in a certain folder for automatic use inside hybrid?

Thanks again for your quick replies and information! I appreciate it very much.

Garo
you should:
1. use the x264_x64.exe rename it to x264.exe
2. copy that x264.exe into the Hybrid/64bit folder and replace the existing x264.exe with it.
(x86 = 32bit version x64 = 64bit version)

Cu Selur