This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Hybrid encoder crashing while encoding dvd folder to mkv
hi, I am encoding a dvd folder to mkv file x265 in hybrid. but after applying the cropping and avisynth filtes in hybrid, when I press encode now button in hybrid, it starts audio encoding. upto now that is fine but then it shows the error:

CRASHED error: this type of file "C:\users\Desktop\2020-10-17@13_28_54_0710_04.265" could not be recognised

this problem is faced only when I encode dvd folder. everything goes fine when I encode .mp4 file to x265. no such problem is faced when using megui

please guide.

here are the steps used in hybrid:

1.tick dvd  input and browse for VIDEO_TS folder
2.then apply cropping and upscaling
3. choosing x265 and custom audio
4.add audio to the queue
5.apply avisynth filters like tweak, HDRAGC, vague denoiser and limitedsharpen
6. setting average bitrate 1 pass  8000 kbps-9000kbps
7.level profile: 6.2,main,high,preset slow,tune psnr

here is detail log:

[Image: bolt.jpg]

it crashes just when it starts "creating mkv file with mkvmerge"
Quote:no such problem is faced when using megui
easy solution: use MeGui

Quote:CRASHED error: this type of file "C:\users\Desktop\2020-10-17@13_28_54_0710_04.265" could not be recognised
sadly without a debug output that does not provide enough data

Quote:1.tick dvd input and browse for VIDEO_TS folder
4.add audio to the queue
6. setting average bitrate 1 pass 8000 kbps-9000kbps
-> need a debug output of the job creation and processing

Three things seem wrong (aside from the strange level profile selection):
1. the crash
2. that there is a mkvmerge call when you wrote that you wanted to create an mp4 file
3. that the 08_cleanUp-subjob seems to have an additional subjob

Cu Selur
I think I know what causes the crash and I think I fixed it in the code.
Waiting for a debug output to be sure I properly found the problem and what is causing the additional 08_cleanUp-subjob.

Cu Selur
(17.10.2020, 15:16)Selur Wrote:
Quote:no such problem is faced when using megui
easy solution: use MeGui

Quote:CRASHED error: this type of file "C:\users\Desktop\2020-10-17@13_28_54_0710_04.265" could not be recognised
sadly without a debug output that does not provide enough data

Quote:1.tick dvd  input and browse for VIDEO_TS folder
4.add audio to the queue
6. setting average bitrate 1 pass  8000 kbps-9000kbps
-> need a debug output of the job creation and processing

Three things seem wrong (aside from the strange level profile selection):
1. the crash
2. that there is a mkvmerge call when you wrote that you wanted to create an mp4 file
3. that the 08_cleanUp-subjob seems to have an additional subjob

Cu Selur
here is the detail, sir:

x265 --input - --output-depth 8 --y4m --profile main --limit-modes --no-early-skip --no-open-gop --opt-ref-list-length-pps --lookahead-slices 0 --crf 18.00 --opt-qp-pps --cbqpoffs -2 --crqpoffs -2 --qpfile GENERATED_QP_FILE --limit-refs 0 --ssim-rd --psy-rd 2.50 --rdoq-level 2 --psy-rdoq 10.00 --aq-mode 0 --deblock=-1:-1 --limit-sao --no-repeat-headers --range limited --colormatrix bt709 --output "D:\final.265"
That's not a debug output, that is the command line of the x265 command line view,...
-> read [INFO] Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,.. properly

Also your command lien doe snot use 'preset slower',... wild guess: you only selected, but didn't apply the preset.

Cu Selur
(17.10.2020, 15:40)Selur Wrote: I think I know what causes the crash and I think I fixed it in the code.
Waiting for a debug output to be sure I properly found the problem and what is causing the additional 08_cleanUp-subjob.

Cu Selur

(18.10.2020, 03:59)Bolt Wrote:
(17.10.2020, 15:40)Selur Wrote: I think I know what causes the crash and I think I fixed it in the code.

Cu Selur

10 parts of debug report 2020-10-17( size of the report was about 1.2mb so splitted the file)
Quote:10 parts of debug report 2020-10-17( size of the report was about 1.2mb so splitted the file)
You know that the sticky explicitly sais:
Quote:compress (zip/7z/rar/..) the HybridDebugOutput.txt before you post it
Angel

Sadly that debug output does only contains the analysis of the source with the crop detection, neither the job creation or processing.
My guess is that you did set the output dir after enabling the debug output not before,...

-> debug output as it is, is useless
-> read "[INFO] Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,.."-sticky properly

Cu Selur

Ps.: I also can't send you a link to my current dev version for testing, since you disabled PMs.
(18.10.2020, 07:30)Selur Wrote:
Quote:10 parts of debug report 2020-10-17( size of the report was about 1.2mb so splitted the file)
Angel

Sadly that debug output does only contains the analysis of the source with the crop detection, neither the job creation or processing.
My guess is that you did set the output dir after enabling the debug output not before,...

Cu Selur

Ps.: I also can't send you  a link to my current dev version for testing, since you disabled PMs.

sir, I have enabled PM . 

also i encoded dvd to mkv with video and audio passthrough and it was done smoothly.
 I tried to attach the debug report in .rar form but when I click on post reply , there is error saying this type of file is not allowed.

(18.10.2020, 08:16)Bolt Wrote:
(18.10.2020, 07:30)Selur Wrote:
Angel

Cu Selur

Ps.: I also can't send you  a link to my current dev version for testing, since you disabled PMs.

sir, I have enabled PM . 

also i encoded dvd to mkv with video and audio passthrough and it was done smoothly.
 I tried to attach the debug report in .rar form but when I click on post reply , there is error saying this type of file is not allowed.
Send you a link to a dev version which should fix at least the encoder of the video problem.
(old jobs need to be deleted)

Cu Selur
(18.10.2020, 09:08)Selur Wrote: Send you a link to a dev version which should fix at least the encoder of the video problem.
(old jobs need to be deleted)

Cu Selur

ok sir, thanks a lot. I will try and respond.