This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Need help whit encoding (Interframe parameters)
Quote:I have another question I think for a normal video full HD 30 minutes having this Bitrate value(from 25fps to 60fps convert) is ok: Animation 12500 and Film 15000 but what if the film or anime is longer I mean 1hour 50minutes should I change the Bitrate to a double rate or keeping it this way?
Normally one refers to an average bit rate kBit/s (= 1 000 Bit per second) in which case playback length of the bit rate has nothing to do length of the movie.
If bit rate X is good for 1 second of the movie it should be good for x hours of the movie unless the complexity/compressibility of the movie in average changes. You might also want to read up on what is usually referred to as 'constant rate factor'- and 'constant quality'-encoding (which is not the same as constant quantizer encoding).
Whether you need to increase the bit rate to keep the quality after frame rate interpolation depends on your content and encoder, this can't be answered generally. -> test it yourself.

As a general rule: Do not use 1pass bit rate encoding, if you can avoid it.

Quote:1.Same topic if I have a 1080p video that was compressed to reduce size (it has flickering in some scene) if I convert it to a bigger Bitrate goes the flickering away or it stays?
Since I have no clue how what you call 'flickering' manifests or really means this is hard to answer.
1. if you re-encode to a lossy format quality - as in perseverance of original information - is not possible, you will objectively always use quality (= perseverance of original information) since that is the nature of lossy compression.
2. artifacts (noise, flickering, whatever) don't go away be reencoding, they need to be filtered away which always destroys information and thus lowers quality (= perseverance of original information), but might increase the perceived quality (= cleanness, beauty, appeasing) of the video.
-> I doubt reencoding without special filtering will remove some 'flickering'.

Quote:2. If I have a 1280x720p video (whit super good Bitrate) and I want to convert it to 1920x1080p is it possible to get the same quality or even better quality when converting it?
Quality (=perseverance of original information) wise you can at most hope for not loosing (too much) information. Perceived quality (= cleanness, beauty, appeasing) might increase depending on the filtering you choose.
Quote: If possible which is the best filter to apply?
Filtering like denoising, deblocking, grain removal, sharpening and resizing using and advanced resizer (like nnedi3, waifu2x, etc.) might help to increase the perceived quality (= cleanness, beauty, appeasing); especially for cartoons&co, but will always destroy some of the original information and thus lower the objective quality (= perseverance of original information). Also there is no filter chain and settings that is always good for each source.
Like with color grading, each clip needs individual adjustments.
-> there is no such thing as 'the best filter' or 'best encoding settings' for more than one source. And best 'encoding settings' also may vary a lot depending on the circumstances. Lossless encoding will produce the best quality (= perseverance of original information), but will create huge files. Lossy compression will lower the size, but lose information. Like I wrote before read up on things like 'constant rate factor'- and 'constant quality'-encoding modes and the idea behind them.

Quote:3.How to use 64 bit avisinth? (win10 64bit)
In Hybrid, you can switch between 32bit and 64bit Avisynth, by changing "Config->Internals->Aivsynth->Avisynth type' assuming "Filtering->Support" is set to 'Avisynth'.

Personally I only use:
  • 32bit Avisynth, if there is an Avisynth filter I need that is only available in 32bit Avisynth (which is rare)
  • 64bit Avisynth, if there is an Avisynth filter I need that is only available in Avisynth (which is rare)
  • mainly Vapoursynth, since it:
    a. for me usually scales better with increasing CPU core count
    b. offers more GPU based and/or assisted filters

Cu Selur
Thanks you are the best Big Grin. The latest question... I always use avisinth because I change fps rate of most every video I convert and interframe is the best one. But if I want to change the fps using vapoursinth wich is the best way? I couldn't find the option to do it.
in Vapoursynth under Other->Frame Interpolation there is also SVP/Interframe.

Cu Selur
(04.11.2020, 05:59)Selur Wrote: in Vapoursynth under Other->Frame Interpolation there is also SVP/Interframe.

Cu Selur

Are there benefits on using vapoursinth at 64bit. If yes how to activate it?
Filtering->Support allows to switch between:
XSynth: neither use Avisynth or Vapoursynth
Avisynth: use Avisynth, when using Avisynth you can switch between 32bit and 64bit version under (Config->Internals->Avisynth->Avisynth type)
Vapoursynth: use Vapoursynth

--
From my experience:
a. Vapoursynth scales better with higher cpu count (-> better speed, more RAM usage)
b. Vapoursynth has more filters that are gpu supported (-> better speed)
c. Vapoursynth lacks a few filters Avisynth has, but offers a bunch of other filters (I mainly miss Autoadjust and CCD)
+ 64bit
- filters are often usually 10-30% faster
- more than 4GB RAM can be used which is essential when handling high resolution filtering and some intensive filter chains..

-> for me it's quite simply, if you don't need a filter that is Avisynth only, I would always recommend Vapoursynth.

Cu Selur
Thanks Smile