This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] yuv4mpegpipe Failure Converting to SD Uncompressed To HD ProRes
Hi Selur,

First of all, I'd like to take a second to say Hybrid is a wonderful program. Thank you for taking the time to develop and maintain it; it's made my life a lot easier!

Anyway, I just updated from 2020.08.02.1 to 2020.10.11.1. Unfortunately, it appears to have broken one of my profiles that I've used successfully many times on 2020.08.02.1 and earlier.

I use this profile for converting uncompressed, interlaced ffv210 to HD ProRes files. While audio encodes properly, it fails as soon as it attempts to start encoding the video. Hybrid itself does not output an error; instead, it indicates that it finishes successfully & I had to create a debug file to find the failure. I believe the offending lines are here:

2020.11.04 - 00:22:33_Windows 10 Version 2004 (64bit)_2020.10.11.1 - level 9: FFmpeg output: [yuv4mpegpipe @ 0000023148939480] Header too large.

2020.11.04 - 00:22:33_Windows 10 Version 2004 (64bit)_2020.10.11.1 - level 9: FFmpeg output: pipe:: Invalid argument

I've attached the HybridDebugOutput.txt file. The error appears to imply it's not the file but rather the encoding settings, but please let me know if you need a very short sample video.

Thanks for your help & time!
Will look at it on Friday after work, only got my mobile atm.
(04.11.2020, 21:34)Selur Wrote: Will look at it on Friday after work, only got my mobile atm.

Not a problem! Thanks for the reply!
Send you a link to a dev version yestarday, did you check whether the problem also happens with that version?

Cu Selur
(06.11.2020, 17:28)Selur Wrote: Send you a link to a dev version yestarday, did you check whether the problem also happens with that version?

Cu Selur

Hi Selur,

I gave the dev version a try; however the dev version gives an error (immediately upon starting the job) saying "Couldn't find filters for category: ColorAdjustment".

Also, the "Auto adjust" functionality under the "Crop/Resize" tab doesn't seem to work. When I type in a resolution, it doesn't auto adjust the other dimension.

However, if I click through the ColorAdjustment error, it does start encoding the video! So perhaps the original issue is solved with the dev release.

Thanks!
There is no 'ColorAdjustment' anymore. Smile
If you load a preset, make sure to reset the filter order and save it anew.
ColorAdjustment and a bunch of other filter groups have been split into separate filters,...

Cu Selu
SD = standard-definition, which usually describes content with a resolution of 720x576 (PAL), 720x480 (NTSC), see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard-d...television
HD = high-definition, which usually describes content with a resolution greater than SD (mostly 1280x720 or 1920×1080) and below UHD (ultra-high-definition)
Notable is that SD and HD usually use different color matrices.

Cu Selur
(06.11.2020, 20:51)Selur Wrote: There is no 'ColorAdjustment' anymore. Smile
If you load a preset, make sure to reset the filter order and save it anew.
ColorAdjustment and a bunch of other filter groups have been split into separate filters,...

Cu Selu

Sorry for necrobumping this but my problem was fixed once I rebuilt my profiles. Thank you for the help!

Unfortunately, those new profiles are completely crashing on 2021.1.31 so I'll be rebuilding them again. Just noting!