This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preview uncompressed RGB source doesn't work
The Vapoursynth Filter Preview crashes and only the preview not Hybrid not an encoding job.
Took me a while to see the problem. (mixed some variables up)
-> will send you a new link via PM.

Cu Selur
Build 53919 still crashes.
I'll look at it after work this evening.

Cu Selur
Okay, looked at it and it's a totally different script.
This time the problem is that VIVTC does not support RGB, which I was not aware of, thus Hybrid has to convert to YUV444.
-> should be easy to fix, will send you a new link in ~15min.

Cu Selur
Hybrid_dev_2020.11.12-173938:
Vapoursynth VIVTC doesn't work properly - it shows proper new frame rate and frame count , but video doesn't get not de-interlaced, introducing the fields.
Avisynth with the same settings works fine.
Looking at the script:
# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()

# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/FFMS2/ffms2.dll")

# source: 'D:\Hybrid_test\Gabby_test_uncompressed.avi'
# current color space: RGB24, bit depth: 8, resolution: 720x480, fps: 29.97, color matrix: 470bg, yuv luminance scale: full, scanorder: top field first

# Loading source using FFMS2
clip = core.ffms2.Source(source="D:/Hybrid_test/Gabby_test_uncompressed.avi",cachefile="D:/Hybrid_test/avi_dead22c40d59d410de8a89e396eff6c9_853323747.ffindex",format=vs.RGB24,alpha=False)

# making sure frame rate is set to 29.97
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=clip, fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001)

# Setting color range to PC (full) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=0)
original = clip

# adjusting color space from RGB24 to YUV444P8 for VsVIVTC of filtered clip
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV444P8, matrix_s="470bg", range_s="full")
yv12=core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip,format=vs.YUV420P8, range_s="full")
# Forcing chroma to False for VFM
clip = core.vivtc.VFM(clip=yv12, clip2=clip, order=0, mode=1, chroma=False)
yv12=core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip,format=vs.YUV420P8, range_s="full")
# Forcing chroma to False for VDecimate
clip = core.vivtc.VDecimate(clip=yv12, clip2=clip, chroma=False)# new fps: 23.976

# adjusting color space from RGB24 to YUV444P8 for VsVIVTC of original
original = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=original, format=vs.YUV444P8, matrix_s="470bg", range_s="full")
yv12=core.resize.Bicubic(clip=original,format=vs.YUV420P8, range_s="full")
# Forcing chroma to False for VFM
original = core.vivtc.VFM(clip=yv12, clip2=original, order=0, mode=1, chroma=False)
yv12=core.resize.Bicubic(clip=original,format=vs.YUV420P8, range_s="full")
# Forcing chroma to False for VDecimate
original = core.vivtc.VDecimate(clip=yv12, clip2=original, chroma=False)# new fps: 19.1808

# adjusting for FilterView
if (original.format.id != clip.format.id):
  if (original.format.color_family == vs.RGB and clip.format.color_family != vs.RGB):
    original = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=original, format=clip.format.id, matrix_s="470bg", range_s="full")
  elif (original.format.color_family == clip.format.color_family):
    original = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=original, format=clip.format.id, range_s="full")
  else:
    original = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=original, format=clip.format.id, matrix_in_s="470bg", range_s="full")
stacked = core.std.StackHorizontal([original,clip])

# set output frame rate to 23.976fps
stacked = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=stacked, fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001)

# Output
stacked.set_output()
the script looks fine to me.

I'll probably need a small sample of your source to test myself.

Cu Selur

Ps.: I can look at it after work.
Maybe it renders it out properly (I did not try, because without preview it doesn't make sense to me), but it is not shows up in Vapoursynth preview.
Avisynth QTMC Denoise crashes upon launch filter preview.
Avisynth missing DeSpot and FFT3DFilter.
Yes , I believe that provide you with the source file could help you to find out the issues easier.
Where I can upload it to you?
Quote:Where I can upload it to you?
upload to google drive or similar and send me a link via pm

Will look at it after work.

Cu Selur
(13.11.2020, 07:56)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Where I can upload it to you?
upload to google drive or similar and send me a link via pm

Will look at it after work.

Cu Selur

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aySuyn0...sp=sharing
Okay, your content is interlaced top field first with lots of duplicate frames, this is the reason why VIVTC, which is meant for telecined (3:2 pulldown) and similar content, does not remove the combing artifacts.
Boobing and looking at the content I get: AAABBCCCDDEEE... as a pattern.
So 4 real frames end up as 10 frames when bobbing to, so your content is probably contains 23,976 full progressive frames which were interlaced and then duplicated to get to 29.976fps.
If you only want a digital version I would recommend to:
  • load the source
  • let Hybrid know that the content is 'top field first' (tff) interlaced
    1. enable 'Filtering->(De-)Interlace/Telecine->Deinterlace/Telecine Settings->Overwrite input scan type to'
    2. set 'Filtering->(De-)Interlace/Telecine->Deinterlace/Telecine Settings->Overwrite input scan type to' to 'top field first'
  • use QTGMC Vapoursynth in Bob mode to get rid of the combing artifacts
    1. set 'Filtering->(De-)Interlace/Telecine->Deinterlace/Telecine Settings->Deinterlacer' to 'QTGMC (Vapoursynth)'; this should happen automatically assuming you didn't mess with the default settings.
    2. enable 'Filtering->(De-)Interlace/Telecine->QTGMC Vapoursynth->Bob' (this way the output would be 59.97fps)
  • use sRestore to throw away the duplicates to reach 23.776fps
    1. enable 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Reduction->Restore' (sRestore is the only filter there atm.)
    2. set 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Reduction->Restore->sRestore->Frate' to '23.976'

after some thinking,... -> Sorry, I was wrong this shoudl work fine with VIVTC, there is a bug. I'm looking into it.

Cu Selur