This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Feature request: New Frame Rate & Color Matrix settings for Custom Filters
Heart 
It's really nice that Hybrid has custom filters so the user can apply settings that aren't in Hybrid, for example a custom QTGMC like this:

QTGMC(Preset="Placebo", NoisePreset="Slower", ChromaMotion=True, TrueMotion=True, TR0=2, TR1=2, TR2=3, Rep0=3, Rep2=3, NNSize=3, NNeurons=4, EdiQual=2, Precise=True, NoiseProcess=2, GrainRestore=0.3, NoiseRestore=0.01, Sigma=2.0, Denoiser="dfttest", DenoiseMC=True, NoiseTR=2, NoiseDeint="Generate", StabilizeNoise=True, EdiMode="NNEDI3", EdiMaxD=16, Sharpness=0.3, Smode=2, SLMode=0, SLRad=3, Sbb=3, MatchPreset="Placebo", MatchPreset2="Placebo", SourceMatch=3, MatchTR2=1, MatchEnhance=0.85, Lossless=2)

(This is a "tweaked" setting someone shared for noisy, interlaced VHS & DVD sources. I've tried it out and it looks great!)

But that's just an example.

The problem, is that in a custom deinterlace script, Hybrid doesn't (nor shouldn't) attempt to evaluate the script for a new frame rate, so, any filters that the user selects not via custom, after the custom deinterlace script, and that need the current frame rate as a variable will have that variable incorrect.

The same thing is true for any changes made to the color matrix. If a custom script changes or converts it to 601 for example, if the input was 709, any filters or converts that Hybrid inserts after the custom filter will put it back to 709.

So I thought it might be nice (and hopefully wouldn't be too hard to implement) some settings for the custom filters along the lines of "assume new" for after the custom script is run. This will allow the user to tell hybrid what their custom script did to the frame rate or the color matrix. It will of course be up to the user to put correct info in... which is currently the case for a custom script! Smile In this way, Hybrid will better work with custom scripts that change the frame rate and/or color info.

Maybe something like this:

[Image: ErbWfcg.png]

So each custom filter could have these check boxes... if unchecked, it does nothing (like it is currently), if checked, Hybrid then assumes the custom filter has changed the frame rate and/or color matrix to whatever the user has entered or selected from the options. In the above example, the frame rate should change to 59.94. (I forgot to delete the "InputType=2").
Quote:It's really nice that Hybrid has custom filters so the user can apply settings that aren't in Hybrid, for example a custom QTGMC like this:
Confused. Why can't you use the 'Addition' option of QTGMC for your command line?

Also, Hybrid already has options to:
a. overwrite width, height, scantype, color format in each "Custom addition", so the script handler knows the the current state. (I just only shared how to do it with some one over at doom9s who asked how do so some stuff) I don't really see the need for an overwrite frame rate option in the filtering chain.
b. "Overwrite Output" (Filtering->Overwrite Output) 'frame count', 'frame rate', 'width', 'height', 'luminance' (color matrix flag can be changed in the encoders, so no need for an additional overwrite option; same for color format)

So if the custom additions change the script output and not just some intermediate, 'Overwrite Output' has to be used to let the encoder know.
Not sure when I'lll share the 'How To'-do the custom adjusting in the 'Custom additions' with all or whether I leave it as an 'easter egg'-option. Wink
Just finished yesterday the main work on https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=1587 and still got a lot of other stuff I plan to add and try. Smile

Cu Selur

Ps.:
Quote:Vapoursynth/Avisynth: in custom section you can now overwrite width, height, scantype and colorformat using: Note that these values are only respected inside the Vapoursynth/ Avisynth script.
source: http://selur.de/changelog Wink
Oh, I see this now from the 2020.10.10 change log:

Quote:Vapoursynth/Avisynth: in custom section you can now overwrite width, height, scantype and colorformat using: Note that these values are only respected inside the Vapoursynth/ Avisynth script.

Frame rate and frame count need to be globally overwrite using "Filtering->Misc->Overwrite output". All other values also need to be overwritten globally if you set them.

Not sure what good it does to add the capability to do this but not tell people how, unless there's something I'm missing. Please share the details! Cool
It's simple folks always complain about Hybrid being way to complicated so I'm more and more reluctant to adding new options which might allow more stuff, but make stuff more complex. As soon as I started splitting the filter groups in Vapoursynth into individual filters folks started complaining about that the filter order became way larger and the ui became more complex. So I'll probably not add that option to Avisynth any time soon (also it is a lot of work).

Also folks tend to not care about the change log so I like to keep stuff and I simply lack the time and motivation atm. to add tons of tool tip descriptions.
-> So overwriting resolution etc. in the custom additions might be interesting for folks that know a bit about Vapoursynth/Avisynth, but it only complicates stuff for other users. Wink

Cu Selur