This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Help fine tuning Hybrid for DVD Rip
Thanks to Selur, I am properly de-interlacing using QTGMC using BOB but I'm trying to get the very best quality before processing through VEAI.  The question is, does anyone have tips to improve my Hybrid output?  Sample video (1500 frames) and current output here:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/beargfniv2dqq24/AAA0TBnSoaqdHJiKU9XQXfVfa?dl=0

Currently, I'm using x264, CRF 1-Pass, AVC: 4:4:4, Placebo across the board, QTGMC, Sharpness .02, TR2=2 with 59.94 FPS.

I also need to scale up to 1920x1080 at some point in the workflow.  I tried to use NNED13 but I'm not sure I used it correctly.  

Thanks!
I'll send you a link to my current dev version.
Try whether using VIVTC with that version doesn't produce proper 23.976 progressive frames.
If it does don't use QTGMC.

Cu Selur
btw. the sample you send me is useless, since was no sample of the source,...
DVDSource.mp4 was ripped from the DVD.  Do you need another format/method for source? VOB file?

Thank you!
Quote:DVDSource.mp4 was ripped from the DVD.
No, it wasn't ripped it is a lossy reencoded from the source.
A section of the vob file would be the best, since then deblocking etc. works way better than on already lossy reencoded content.
Especially when trying to improve perceived quality intermediates should always be lossless, especially when trying to upscale or interpolate stuff throwing away details too early really can hurt the result.

Cu Selur