This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Support formats, codecs
Hi. I have a problem with some MOV (all) and MKV (some) files. It ends with an error message.

I want to ask how can I solve the problem? And if there is a problem with codecs then does Hybrid use codecs installed on the system or does it have its own libraries that it uses to process videos?

version: 2020.06.21
Quote:I want to ask how can I solve the problem?
No details, no debug output, no sample -> no clue how to help Smile
In general: if the file is broken in any way, Hybrid is the wrong tool to process it. Hybrid assumes that there are no problems with the source.

Quote:version: 2020.06.21
-> sorry, you are on your own. I only help with the latest version of Hybrid not with older ones.

Quote:does Hybrid use codecs installed on the system or does it have its own libraries that it uses to process videos?
codecs = (en-)coders and decoders

decoders:
Hybrid uses:
- vfw decoders from the system for .avi input if Avisynth and AviSource are used (Windows only)
- hardware decoders thought ffmpeg/nvenc and filters in Avisynth and Vapoursynth
- uses DirectShow filters if DirectShowSource is enforced in Avisynth (Windows only)
- other than that it only uses decoders that come with Hybrid

encoders:
Hybrid supports using some audio encoders which do not come with Hybrid (NeroAACEnc, fhgenc, quicktime audio encoder through qaacenc). (Windows only)
Other than that Hybrid only uses audio encoders that come with Hybrid.

Cu Selur