This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Vapoursynth ColorMatrix won't work
Hi.
I use Hybrid version 2020.12.13.1 and Windows 7 64bit
What i do:
1) Load my .mp4 file (AVC/AAC)
2) Checking box "ColorMatrix" in Vapoursynth section and set to:
From: Rec.601/470bg/470m To: Rec.709 Clipping: pre and post.
3) If I press preview, then it works fine in preview. I can see color changing
4) Encode my video to mp4 (avc/aac, 1920x1080) - nothing changed. Colors are the same as in input video

Similar steps with the same input file and output settings work fine with ffmpeg or Avisynth.

P.S. I thought maybe Vapoursynth doesn't work on my system for some reason but it works. I tried to change Levels, encoded a video - effect is there. So something wrong with ColorMatrix.
Without a debug output which includes the source analysis and the job processing I can't really tell what's going on.

Cu Selur
(17.12.2020, 06:06)Selur Wrote: Without a debug output which includes the source analysis and the job processing I can't really tell what's going on.

Cu Selur

Here it is
LOL, found the issue: Vapoursynth wasn't used. Smile
This was caused due to some old code when Avisynth/Vapoursynth/FFMpeg shared one ColorMatrix interface.
(would have worked if you had used another Vapoursynthfilter in addition to ColorMatrix Wink)

-> I'll compile a new fixed dev version and send you link via PM once it's compiled, packaged and uploaded. (~30min)

Cu Selur
Thank you for your work!
Seems like it works fine now!