This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to use Avisynth and load script directly into VEAI and output still images.
New user here.

I am using Video Enhance AI to upscale my HD 1080p (master) footage (Prores file) to UHD images which I bring back in PP to render the UHD master as a  video (Prores).

Unfortunately there is a shift with the midtones/highlights/whites it doesn't look similar to the original master.

Someone told me this info
'The only way to fix this is to use Avisynth and load the script directly into VEAI and output still images.
It’s just a basic avs script calling the video with the right source filter and convert the file directly to RGB with the right color matrix according to the source
Example
AVISource(“yourvideo”).ConvertToRGB(matrix=Rec601) for SD
or
AVISource(“yourvideo”).ConvertToRGB(matrix=Rec709) for HD

Then your PNG or TIFF will look exactly the same in terms of luma/chroma as the original source. Scopes will look different different because the video has more pixels and new pixels too but there normally will be no hue or gamma shift.'

I would like to know if there is any step by step guide how I can accomplish this as I am not familiar with hybrid as a beginner.

If there is not a step by step guide could someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.
No clue whether thers's a guide somewhere and since I'm on my mobile I can't write a step by strep.
General idea is:
If your input is an image sequence
1, import it with the current color matrix that is has.
2. use Avisynth/Vapourynth color matrix from that color matrix the the other color matrix
3. output to ProRes

If you have a ProRes:
1. file import the fitle
2. use Avisynth/Vapourynth color matrix from/to, to adjust your colors the way you want
3. output to ProRes

Cu Selur
(24.12.2020, 20:48)Selur Wrote: No clue whether thers's a guide somewhere and since I'm on my mobile I can't write a step by strep.
General idea is:
If your input is an image sequence
1, import it with the current color matrix that is has.
2. use Avisynth/Vapourynth color matrix from that color matrix the the other color matrix
3. output to ProRes

If you have a ProRes:
1. file import the fitle
2. use Avisynth/Vapourynth color matrix from/to, to adjust your colors the way you want
3. output to ProRes

Cu Selur

The Avisynth final result is very low in size and I can't play it with VLC. Do I need to install additional programs to make Avisynth (filters) work?

I tried this settings what am I doing wrong?

Quote:I tried this settings what am I doing wrong?
From your description before I would have used:
a. the ColorMatrix filter convert the color matrix
b. the Levels filter to adjust the gamma
c. configured ProRes to reflect the new color matrix in it's VUI settings.

Looking at your screenshots, I don't know why you are doing what you are doing.
  • You tell Hybrid the source is TV Range and bt470bg should be used as color matrix. -> Okay.
  • You use FFmpeg color adjustments to change the gamma. -> No clue why?
    I would not start mixing FFmpeg and Avisynth/Vapoursynth processing unless I'm totally sure that it makes sense and does what I indent it to do.
  • You change the color space in a custom addition in an Avisynth script, but you are not letting Hybrid know what you did. (This seems strange, especially since bt470bg and rec601 are basically the same so I would have suspected that this would not change much.)
Assuming your ProRes settings reflect the color matrix change, I would have suspected that the only thing that changed it the color sampling and the gamma, but no other color change.

I have no clue what the logic is behind what you are doing, but I dare not to doubt you, since you directly used the custom part to add custom additions to the generated Avisynth script. I assume you verified your changed using the script view and Avisynth preview.
So assuming the script and the script output look the way you intended, you configured the ProRes encoding properly Hybrid should abide by those settings.
Without knowing any real detail I have no clue what could have gone wrong.

Cu Selur
(25.12.2020, 19:41)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I tried this settings what am I doing wrong?
From your description before I would have used:
a. the ColorMatrix filter convert the color matrix
b. the Levels filter to adjust the gamma
c. configured ProRes to reflect the new color matrix in it's VUI settings.

Looking at your screenshots, I don't know why you are doing what you are doing.
  • You tell Hybrid the source is TV Range and bt470bg should be used as color matrix. -> Okay.
  • You use FFmpeg color adjustments to change the gamma. -> No clue why?
    I would not start mixing FFmpeg and Avisynth/Vapoursynth processing unless I'm totally sure that it makes sense and does what I indent it to do.
  • You change the color space in a custom addition in an Avisynth script, but you are not letting Hybrid know what you did. (This seems strange, especially since bt470bg and rec601 are basically the same so I would have suspected that this would not change much.)
Assuming your ProRes settings reflect the color matrix change, I would have suspected that the only thing that changed it the color sampling and the gamma, but no other color change.

I have no clue what the logic is behind what you are doing, but I dare not to doubt you, since you directly used the custom part to add custom additions to the generated Avisynth script. I assume you verified your changed using the script view and Avisynth preview.
So assuming the script and the script output look the way you intended, you configured the ProRes encoding properly Hybrid should abide by those settings.
Without knowing any real detail I have no clue what could have gone wrong.

Cu Selur

Interesting I changed a few things thanks for your input.

When I tried to export this error popped up
  p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
-> 2020-12-26@14_08_53_8910_02_video crashed: ERROR: C:\Users\nigel\Desktop\test ve\test v2_2020-12-26@14_08_53_8910_02.mov was not created!
Aborting '2020-12-26@14_08_53_8910_02_video' due to: ERROR: C:\Users\nigel\Desktop\test ve\test v2_2020-12-26@14_08_53_8910_02.mov was not created!

What does ERROR C mean exactly?
Quote:When I tried to export this error popped up
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
-> 2020-12-26@14_08_53_8910_02_video crashed: ERROR: C:\Users\nigel\Desktop\test ve\test v2_2020-12-26@14_08_53_8910_02.mov was not created!
Aborting '2020-12-26@14_08_53_8910_02_video' due to: ERROR: C:\Users\nigel\Desktop\test ve\test v2_2020-12-26@14_08_53_8910_02.mov was not created!

What does ERROR C mean exactly?
That error means that the expected output of a video encoding or extraction job wasn't created, no clue why since I have no idea what's happening.
-> Read [INFO] Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,.. and provide me with a proper debug output and I might be able to give you more details about what is going wrong.

Cu Selur