This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Bugfix version closes immediately after launch
Hardware: Core i7-4770K, 16GB RAM
Hybrid: 2020.12.13.1

Strange thing. Having successfully used the patched version of Hybrid kindly provided by @Selur to process that "problem" file (ref. the , Crash in AVC encoding pass 1 thread) I tried to run Hybrid again a day later and now the program quits/dies immediately after launch.

Windows installed some patches and updates today. I wonder if that broke something in Hybrid.

The program seems to detach from the console at launch, so running in a command tool doesn't give any crash info, and it doesn't run to the point where I can get to the UI to enable debug logging.

Is this something the author would want to investigate, or should I try reinstalling the published version of Hybrid until a new official release comes out?
Can you zip your settings folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\hybrid) and share it with me?
May be that allows me to reproduce the issue.
Also try whether removing (the content of the settings folder) helps.

Cu Selur
(01.01.2021, 13:17)Selur Wrote: Can you zip your settings folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\hybrid) and share it with me?
May be that allows me to reproduce the issue.
Also try whether removing (the content of the settings folder) helps.

Cu Selur

Hi, Zip file attached

BTW the Microsoft patch that was installed on the 31s Dec was KB4586876. This may or may not be relevant. It is a .NET cumulative update aparrently.
Can't reproduce the issue with your settings here. Sad
(Does removing the setting on your system allow Hybrid to start-up without a problem?)
If removing the setting does help, my guess would be that it's a problem with the QSVEnc Model.
If it does not then I'll create an additional build which will output some content to the command line on start-up which would allow to may be better see where Hybrid crashes when started from a command line prompt.

Cu Selur

Ps.: I highly doubt this is related to a .NET update.
Okay, I can reproduce the issue now.
It's related to QSV.
-> looking into it

=> send you a link to a new dev version

Cu Selur
(01.01.2021, 20:42)Selur Wrote: Okay, I can reproduce the issue now.
It's related to QSV.
-> looking into it

=> send you a link to a new dev version

Cu Selur

Thanks.

Note- I think that Microsoft update I mentioned has caused some other problems on my machine, so I wouldn't rule that out as a contributing factor. Can I ask if the machine you are developing on has the patch installed?
Nope, that update is/was not installed on my system.
Since Hybrid itself doesn't use .NET the update should not cause a problem.
-> does the version I send you a link to fix the issue?

Cu Selur
(02.01.2021, 09:15)Selur Wrote: Nope, that update is/was not installed on my system.
Since Hybrid itself doesn't use .NET the update should not cause a problem.
-> does the version I send you a link to fix the issue?

Cu Selur

The patched version you PM-ed me worked, so thank you again Smile 

The Windows update turned out to be a red herring. It did break something (Office 2010), but also Kaspersky AntiVirus had tried to be helpful by downloading and running a LibreOffice update in the background. The two intereacted badly, which caused the other strange symptoms I was seeing.
I spoke too soon. That patched version (2021.01.01.1) started ok, but the previous issue with crashing on the first pass of the video conversion (exit status 0) has returned.
Same effect different cause.
This time it crashes because of a decoding problem.
x264 aborts with:
y4m [error]: bad sequence header magic
x264 [error]: could not open input file `-'
encoding call:
"C:\Program Files\Other\Hybrid\64bit\Vapoursynth\vspipe.exe" "C:\Users\colin\AppData\Local\Temp\encodingTempSynthSkript_2021-01-02@21_21_12_7610.vpy" - --y4m | "C:\Program Files\Other\Hybrid\64bit\x264.exe" --preset veryfast --pass 1 --bitrate 4000 --profile high --level 4.0 --sync-lookahead 12 --rc-lookahead 40 --qpmax 51 --weightp 2 --sar 64:45 --qpfile "C:\Users\colin\AppData\Local\Temp\The Silence of the Lambs (1991) {tmdb-274}_2021-01-02@21_21_12_7610_05.qp" --deblock -1:-1 --non-deterministic --range tv --stats "C:\Users\colin\AppData\Local\Temp\The Silence of the Lambs (1991) {tmdb-274}_2021-01-02@21_21_12_7610_06.stats" --demuxer y4m  --input-range tv --fps 25/1 --output-depth 8 --output NUL -
the Vapoursynth script:
# Imports
import os
import sys
import ctypes
# Loading Support Files
Dllref = ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("C:/Program Files/Other/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libfftw3f-3.dll")
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = 'C:/Program Files/Other/Hybrid/64bit/vsscripts'
sys.path.append(os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Other/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/AddGrain/AddGrain.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Other/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/NEO_FFT3DFilter/neo-fft3d.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Other/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/DFTTest/DFTTest.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Other/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/EEDI3.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Other/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ResizeFilter/nnedi3/vsznedi3.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Other/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libmvtools.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Other/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/temporalsoften.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Other/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/scenechange.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Other/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/fmtconv.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Other/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/LSmashSource/vslsmashsource.dll")
# Import scripts
import havsfunc
# source: 'S:\video\Rips\Films\The Silence of the Lambs (1991) {tmdb-274}\The Silence of the Lambs (1991) {tmdb-274}.mkv'
# current color space: YUV420P8, bit depth: 8, resolution: 720x576, fps: 25, color matrix: 470bg, yuv luminance scale: limited, scanorder: top field first
# Loading S:\video\Rips\Films\The Silence of the Lambs (1991) {tmdb-274}\The Silence of the Lambs (1991) {tmdb-274}.mkv using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="S:/video/Rips/Films/The Silence of the Lambs (1991) {tmdb-274}/The Silence of the Lambs (1991) {tmdb-274}.mkv", format="YUV420P8", cache=0, prefer_hw=0)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 470bg
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="470bg",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 25
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# setting field order to what QTGMC should assume (top field first)
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=2)
# Deinterlacing using QTGMC
clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Fast", TFF=True)
# make sure content is preceived as frame based
clip = core.std.SetFieldBased(clip, 0)
clip = clip[::2]
# set output frame rate to 25.000fps
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
# Output
clip.set_output()
Does seem fine to.

-> Does the Vapoursynth preview work properly?

Cu Selur