This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Stretch detection?
Hardware: Core i7-4770K, 16GB RAM

Hybrid: 2020.12.13.1 (dev patch)

My first attempt to rip and transcode a film made in Cinemascope (2.35:1 aspect ratio) was a major failure. While trying to work out how to deal with it I found this under the help in the section Base->Video->Stretch

Quote:if 'Config->Automation->Matroska Settings->Scan for streched streams' is enabled 'Stretch' shows the detected stretch for the this stream

Minor issue, there is an unecessary "the" in this text.

Larger issue, on my system the option Scan mkv for stretched streams is disabled (greyed out)?

I'm not even sure if "stretch" refers to the anamorphic projection (non 1:1 pixel aspect ratio) applied to this film, but if the option isn't available I can't test it to see. What determines whether the stretch analysis option is enabled?

Messages In This Thread
Stretch detection? - by incans - 09.01.2021, 12:44
RE: Stretch detection? - by Selur - 09.01.2021, 12:52
RE: Stretch detection? - by incans - 12.01.2021, 02:50
RE: Stretch detection? - by Selur - 12.01.2021, 05:00
RE: Stretch detection? - by incans - 12.01.2021, 18:52
RE: Stretch detection? - by incans - 13.01.2021, 23:44
RE: Stretch detection? - by Selur - 14.01.2021, 06:58