This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Avisynth srestore & filter order
(21.01.2021, 17:28)Selur Wrote: I'll also need a zipped version of your settings folder to reproduce this.

Cu Selur

Completely re-install "Hybrid" (cleaned registry, scanned antivirus). Upon the very first launch got an error (see pic). After twice "continue" "Hybrid" started. After that error "No disc in drive..." gone. "spotremover" error still here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

No clue why oggenc would throw that error.
(21.01.2021, 18:04)Selur Wrote: No clue why oggenc would throw that error.

This error happened before on clean installation also, I just didn't paid attention because it's gone after first launch .
Hybrid only calls oggenc on first start to get the version info.
I can change the call that might remove that error popup, but first I try to reproduce the SpotRemover issue.

Cu Selur
Ahhh,... I can reproduce the issue.
It only happens if the Avisynth Script View is open.
-> Looking into it.

Cu Selur
Will send you a hopefully fixed version in a few minutes, when i packaged and uploaded a new dev version.

Cu Selur
dev_2021.01.21-17262 finally "SpotRemover" error is gone (oggenc still shows an error on the first launch).
However there are some weird things happens in Avisynth and Vapoursynth.

1. Avisynth:
- SelectRangeEvery (ie. 5,3,1) gives reduced frame count (as it suppose to be), but fps shows 359.64 fps (attempt to adjust it using Restore or AdjustFrameRate read below)
- custom filter order is not respected (trying to re-order the following filters SelectRangeEvery  before  AdjustFrameRate and Restore). SelectRangeEvery still takes over any of them.
2.Vapoursynth:
- SelectRangeEvery (ie. 5,3,1) doesn't change frame count and fps!!!, however preview shows nice result!!!
- custom filter order SelectRangeEvery  before  Restore is respected
- custom filter order SelectRangeEvery  before  AdjustFrameRate is not respected.

For test I used the video I sent you before "hotel.avi" (if you don't have it anymore : https://drive.google.com/file/d/19uD5mil...sp=sharing)
Steps to reproduce:
- QTGMC de-interlacing buttom field first ( using telecine doesn't change the issues)
- SelectRangeEvery (ie. 5,3,1) - notice FPS
- change filter order, so AdjustFrameRate and Restore goes after SelectRangeEvery
- try to use AdjustFrameRate/Restore
Create two different debug outputs, write for each how to reproduce the each issue sparately and I'll look at it tomorrow after work.

Quote:1. Avisynth:
- SelectRangeEvery (ie. 5,3,1) gives reduced frame count (as it suppose to be), but fps shows 359.64 fps (attempt to adjust it using Restore or AdjustFrameRate read below)
- custom filter order is not respected (trying to re-order the following filters SelectRangeEvery before AdjustFrameRate and Restore). SelectRangeEvery still takes over any of them.
during the output frame rate calculation and/or during the script generation?

Quote:2.Vapoursynth:
- SelectRangeEvery (ie. 5,3,1) doesn't change frame count and fps!!!, however preview shows nice result!!!
- custom filter order SelectRangeEvery before Restore is respected
- custom filter order SelectRangeEvery before AdjustFrameRate is not res
during the output frame rate calculation and/or during the script generation?

-> I might restrict the usage of SelectRange and SelectRangeEvery in combination with other fiters since I'm atm. not sure all possible combination can be handled properly.

Cu Selur
Quote:2.Vapoursynth:
- custom filter order SelectRangeEvery before AdjustFrameRate is not respected.
Do you mean Frameinterpolation? Since there is no AdjustFrameRate in Vapoursynth.

Cu Selur
See attached. It looks like AdjustFrameRate doesn't work just because in both cases initial fps is higher than I'm trying to set.
In both cases the very last real video  frame is #59 (that correctly shows in Avisynth),  in Vapoursynth, that shows frame count 100, the other 40 frames just duplicates of the frame #59)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)