This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] (De-)Interlace -> "Show noise" question
Hi, I just wondering, is that keep noise from the source video or add some noise to the output ?
Depends on the deinterlacer method used.
Most deinterlacers more likely reduce noise due to interpolation used.

Cu Selur
(07.12.2017, 06:06)Selur Wrote: Depends on the deinterlacer method used.
Most deinterlacers more likely reduce noise due to interpolation used.

Cu Selur

I'm using QTGMC with placebo settings. I think there's a bug with "Show noise".

Here's result video:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/d0onbu

debug

The source video is 2sec.mkv that I upload this morning in PM. Without using it, the output video working fine like it should be...

Once more question, (De-)Interlace -> EZKeepGrain
I think it keep the grain/noise from the source. But is that 100 is more lossless than 0, mathematically?
Show noise is meant to show the noise QTGMC detects in the input, so what you see there is everything QTGMC would detect as noise and any of it's denoising might kill.
-> That is what the output should look like with 'Show noise' enabled, it shows the noise that it detects in the source.
Here's the tool-tip text:
Quote:Show noise:
When enabled instead of the normal image the noise of the source will be visualized.
Enabled it and the 'Preview' to better see the effect of the denoising and grain options of QTGMC.
-> this option is normally not ment to be kept on during encoding Smile

Cu Selur
Got it. Thanks for the info!