This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Can't apply Vaporsynth Knlmeanscl filter to all planes
Windows x64

I had this issue a long time ago but did not give it too much importance. So I did not report on it.

In the August 2020 release, you could apply this filter on Luma and Chroma at the same time. (YUV) or (RGB) mode, depending on the source, one of the two modes always worked and the other did not.

In the December 2020 version, and I think the previous one too, but I'm not sure, only Luma (Y) or Chroma (UV) works, the auto mode is equal to Luma. This was already the case in the August version.

If YUV or RGB is selected, it does not work in either case, any source, does nothing at all. Encode doesn't start if it is selected one of these modes.

In the August version, it not only worked but you could tell the difference. In the old version (August) without using manual scripts only one denoise filter could be applied at a time, unlike the new versions. I don't know if this has something to do with it. But it could be the case too.

The filter should really be applicable in both planes at the same time. I have never gotten this filter to work with CPUs, although it makes sense as it is intended for use with GPUs. But I also mention it in case it has any importance.

Thank you very much.
I checked the script that Hybrid generates,
with channel
  • 'auto'
    clip = core.knlm.KNLMeansCL(clip=clip)
  • 'Y'
    clip = core.knlm.KNLMeansCL(clip=clip, channels="Y")
  • 'UV'
    clip = core.knlm.KNLMeansCL(clip=clip, channels="UV")
  • 'YUV'
    clip = core.knlm.KNLMeansCL(clip=clip, channels="YUV")
  • 'RGB'
    clip = core.knlm.KNLMeansCL(clip=clip, channels="RGB")
    But this causes a an error:
    Python exception: knlm.KNLMeansCL: 'channels' must be 'YUV', 'Y', or 'UV' with YUV color space!
    -> I'll fix that, but other than that I see no issue with the script created by Hybrid.

Cu Selur
Will send you a version which fixes the color space issue via PM after I compiled, packaged and uploaded it (in ~30min).
If that doesn't help with your problem, then it's probably a bug in KNLMeansCL itself (since the script seems to be fine) and your only hope of getting it fixed it by reporting it to the author of KNLMeansCL over at https://github.com/Khanattila/KNLMeansCL/issues

Cu Selur
(03.02.2021, 18:41)Selur Wrote: Will send you a version which fixes the color space issue via PM after I compiled, packaged and uploaded it (in ~30min).
If that doesn't help with your problem, then it's probably a bug in KNLMeansCL itself (since the script seems to be fine) and your only hope of getting it fixed it by reporting it to the author of KNLMeansCL over at https://github.com/Khanattila/KNLMeansCL/issues

Cu Selur

RGB option is working now.
Thanks you