This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Black screen when finished processing
I've been trying to convert my recorded videos on PS4 (Using the share button) to 60 fps but every time the process finishes, the video would end up being a black screen with only audio playing. I've tried again numerous times but it still doesn't work, please help.
Pleased, read the sticky and provide some details. A small sample of a file you can not encode might also be helpful, since I do not have a PS4 and have no clue how you created your source file.

Cu Selur
I show you steps I did.

1. Chose a video of my choice
2. Went to the "x264" tab and set the bitrate corresponding to the video's bitrate. I also set the AVC profile level to 4.2.
3. I went to the filtering tab next, setting the support to Avisynth which allowed me to click on the "Frames" tab.
4. I check marked the "Fps Adjust" and used "Interframe"
5. I set the the tuning to "Smooth", changed the fps to 60, and finally set the "Override Algo" to smooth.
6. I returned to base and started the processing of the video, and when it is done, the video is a black screen with sound.
Can't reproduce this here.
My guess is that SVP (which is used in Interfame) is either having problems with on your system or Avisynth is having some memory issues.
Here a few questions:
  • What OS are you on? (Windows xx Xbit ? Linux Distribution X? Mac OS Version X?)
  • What CPU do you use? Is it overclocked?
  • How much free RAM has you machine normally during processing?
  • Is your system a normal workstation machine or a virtual machine?
  • What resolution, frame rate and format has your PS4 source?
  • Does the Avisynth preview work, or does it throw an error?
  • In case the Avisynth preview didn't work:
    • Does the preview work if Interframe is disabled?
    • What does the Avisynth script look like?
    • Do using another 'Fps adjust' filters work?
  • What graphic card and driver version are you using?
  • How much RAM has your graphic card and is it overclocked?
  • Does it change anything if you enable 'Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Disable MT' ?

Cu Selur

Ps.: Small sample which allows you to reproduce the problem on your machine might help.
1. Windows 10 
2. Intel Core I5-7500
3. 3.4 GB
4. Normal System
5. (Recorded videos) 1080p 30fps
6. Avisynth Preview Works
7. Geforce 1050 driver Version 388.59
8. 14 GB, not overclocked
9. Disabling MT has no effect
Can't reproduce this here so far. Sad
Can you please:
a. check whether the output is fine when Internframe isn't used
b. create a small sample video (which allows you to reproduce the issue)
c. create a debug output level 9 of the job processing (using interframe)
d. try if it makes a difference if you use Vapoursynth instead of Avisynth (Vapoursynth also got Interframe under 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Other->Frame Interpolation')
In case use a graphic card that is overclocked by the manufacturer like the 'Windforce 2X OC', try if it helps to downclock to the default stock values. (VPU chips tend to react unexpected when overclocked and most manufacturers don't test the VPU when overclocking)

Cu Selur