This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Settings for AVCHD 2.0 Progressive compliant file, playback
I tried various combinations of –slices parameters. Nothing helped.
Few extra steps I that did:
Installed demo version of more advanced TMPGEnc tool Video Mastering Works that supports H.265, to check if this would work with x264 lossless. Nope, same problem 150x slower encoding.
I also sent an email asking TMPGEnc support team to help to figure out correct x264 settings for slice structure of a frame in H.264.

The Video Mastering Works shows the Video, GOP, Frame structure parameters in its settings, they result in AVCH 2.0 compliant file.
I learned from this, tried to replicate the right set of x264 parameters.
Now it works!

It was so simple.
Only few key parameters/settings have to be followed, in combination to others from BluRay/AVCHD default:
·       Multi-slice has to be enabled, set to 4.
·       --bluray-compat has to be manually added to Command Line
·       VBV Buffer Size = 3213 kB
·       AVC Profile High Level set = 4.2
·       X264>Frames>GOP Size Max = 50 (for deinterlaced to 50fps video)

The workflow:
Starting from default Hardware restricted BluRay/AVCHD:
  • X264>Base>Restriction settings>Hardware – uncheck>Unrestricted
  • AVC Profile High Level set = 4.2
  • X264>Base>Restrcition Setings>Multi-slice>Restricted by slice per frame = 4
  • Preset, Slower, any preset
  • X264>Rate Control>VBV>Medium Limit checked, set to BD 25/50  x1. Buffer Size and Max Fill Rate = 24000 kbits.
Note: TMPGEnc from encoder parameter as a target showed VBV Buffer Size = 3213 kB, hence Buffer size cannot be set higher than 25704 kbits.
  • X264>Frames>GOP Size Min = 1, Max = 50 (for deinterlaced to 50fps video)
  •  “--bluray-compat” has to be manually added to Command Line

Is it OK to have Buffer Size and Max Fill Rate at the same size, and = 24000 kbits ?

Just an idea, if you would make a preset for AVCHD 2.0 in Hybrid.
At least the AVCHD Progressive preset for Hardware Restrictions only, not the Create Structure.
Hybrid would be the only one none-commercial SW tool that can encode for AVCHD Progressive, BDAV (at least TMPGENc Authoring tools accepting this without re-encoding)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1920x1080 60p Blu Ray compliancy - by Rokoko33 - 12.03.2021, 02:51