This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Settings for AVCHD 2.0 Progressive compliant file, playback
That information from:
https://learn.akamai.com/en-us/webhelp/m...C6FAD.html

Consider a small time period T over that desired to restrict the data throughput. We recommend a VBV buffer size of 1-5x video bitrate, and all renditions use the same VBV buffer size multiplier:
  • VBV buffer duration = VBV buffer size / VBV maximum bitrate
  • VBV data throughput = (T + VBV buffer duration) * VBV maximum bitrate
It is important to keep VBV data throughput well below the video maximum bitrate specification of the highest H.264 profile

Is quite confusing, misleading.

Looks like TMPGEnc is OK with Max rate below < buffer, when difference is small.

As per their online specs:
MPEG File for AVCHD Progressive Devices:
• Maximum Bitrate: 27150kbps (video+audio+overhead) (when the video is 1080 50/60p)
• VBV Buffer Size: Maximum 3500000 bytes (Depends on the source file Profile & Level)

From above: Max rate 27150 is below < Buffer 27343kbits (3500000 bytes).

My camcorder's 1080 60p file has VBV Buffer 3418KB (26.7Mbits), Max Bitrate 26Mbits.
It means Max rate is below < buffer (it is close but below), and it is perfectly compliant file.

All files encoded with Hybrid as Max rate is below < buffer are OK as well.
For example I encoded as Max rate 25000 is below < buffer 28000, it was all good.

I even authored BDAV structure and burnt on DVD-R disc. My BluRay players plays that disc as BDAV BluRay without issues.

Just to be on the safe side, would it be a good option to use all numbers the same: VBV Buffer = Max Fill rate = Encoder bitrate setting (General Settings>Bitrate)= 25000 ?

Also what is the correct/optimal:
x264>Frames>Weighted P-Frame Prediction>set to refs (--weightp 1) or disabled (--weightp 0) ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Settings for AVCHD 2.0 Progressive compliant file, playback - by Rokoko33 - 19.03.2021, 02:38