This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Settings for AVCHD 2.0 Progressive compliant file, playback
I found that some of my home video tapes, from DV camcorder have levels exceeding 16-235 range.
Using Hybrid, x264 everything beyond that range gets clipped.
In recent years LCD TVs are capable to display wider range of video (I would think so).

How would be possible to encode with x264 passing a full range of 0 - 255?
Not doing a level scaling from 0 -255 to 16-235 but just passing a whole range and letting media player or TV to clip it.

The question is, is it even a good idea, the levels might be conditioned, clipped in TV or player anyway?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Settings for AVCHD 2.0 Progressive compliant file, playback - by Rokoko33 - 20.04.2021, 15:20