This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] after encoding ass into mp4, but there is no subtitle at all
Lower left is 'vsfm.TextSubMod' which Hybrid uses when the 'Prefer VsFilterMod'  (https://github.com/sorayuki/VSFilterMod) is enabled.
It should render the files correctly assuming the font names in the .ass file are correct and it finds the files.

Looking at the .ass file you provided, the styles used are '头文字D 电影' and 'engF' which correspond to:
Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, OutlineColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, Underline, StrikeOut, ScaleX, ScaleY, Spacing, Angle, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Encoding
Style: 头文字D 电影,方正悠黑简体 508R,13.5,&H00FBFFFF,&H000000FF,&H00E8E8E8,&H05000000,-1,0,0,0,90,100,0,0,1,0,2,2,10,10,44,134
Style: EngF,Arial Unicode MS,12.5,&H00FBFFFF,&H00FFFFFF,&H00E8E8E8,&H00000000,0,0,0,0,90,110,0,0,1,0,2,2,5,5,13,134
so then I looked at the tff files and what the proper font names were and adjusted the file names accordingly and copied the new files to into my Windows/Fonts-folder:
'English fonts - Arial Unicode MS.ttf' -> 'Arial Unicode MS.ttf'
'Chinese fonts - FZYouHJW_508R.ttf' -> 'FZYouHeiS 508R.ttf'
copied into my Windows/Fonts-folder.
Additionally I adjusted the font name in the .ass file from '方正悠黑简体 508R' to 'FZYouHeiS 508R' and got:
[Image: with-proper-names.png]

So all in all if you had not messed up:
a. the file names
b. the font name in the .ass
using 'Prefer VsFilterMod' would have worked. (Like it does here once I named the files and fonts properly.)

Cu Selur

Messages In This Thread
RE: after encoding ass into mp4, but there is no subtitle at all - by Selur - 09.07.2021, 15:29